cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post

search results sometimes showing date and time items was listed

dhemmes
Adventurer

I have several saved searches. All sorted by "newly listed". Some search results show date and time items were listed (so I know how long ago it was) and some don't. How do you make sure date and time item was listed shows?

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

gosimus
Rockstar

@dhemmes

I've just this minute completed two separate searches, and looked at the first two hundred results in each search, that's four hundred listings total.  Every one had the date/time on it.  I checked the customization criteria, and showing the date/time is not an option that can be turned on or off.  I think the date/time is shown for every listing in a search result.  Since you find search results where the date/time is not shown, would you tell me what a few of them are so I can look for commonalities?

dhemmes
Adventurer

Re: search results sometimes showing date and time items...

in reply to Dec 24, 2017 3:37:05 AM
I am now wondering whether this is a Firefox issue. I open a new browser in both Firefox and Chrome. Went to Ebay.com. Did a search for KLM. sorted by newly listed. Firefox does not show date and time item was listed. Chrome does.
0 Helpful
gosimus
Rockstar

in reply to Dec 24, 2017 8:02:37 AM
I'm using Firefox. I searched for KLM, got 7,062 search results. The first 200 all show the date/time.
0 Helpful
tlmcca092249
Rising Star

in reply to Dec 26, 2017 11:57:07 AM
I am running the Chrome browser and started experiencing the same results some time after Dec 17. This browser has several Chrome Extensions active so I tried the same search in a browser window under another id so the extensions were not active and got the expected results with the posting date and time present. A bit annoying but I can live with the work around.
0 Helpful
dhemmes
Adventurer

I  reset firefox, I set my view settings in Ebay back to defaults. I did a search for KLM. Got 7063 results which did not show date and time they were listed. So I have no clue

gosimus
Rockstar

@dhemmes

It won't work if you return the Sort to eBay's default, which I believe is Best Match.  I thought you said you were sorting Newly Listed.  Maybe the problem is that you're using saved searches, maybe saved searches behave differently, IDK. 

You can set what you want to appear by default in your search results.  Just to the right of the button where you can change the sort, there's another button labeled View.  Hover your cursor over that View button, then click Customize on the drop down menu that appears.

dhemmes
Adventurer

in reply to Dec 24, 2017 8:53:40 AM
unfortunately I see no way to add a screenshot. I started firefox. went to Ebay. searched for KLM. sorted by newly listed. No date and time item was listed shows. I have saved searched that do show it and if I change the search just by 1 letter the date and time sometimes disappears. But without being able to show screenshots of actual searches, I don't think we will get anywhere.
0 Helpful
gosimus
Rockstar

in reply to Dec 24, 2017 9:05:07 AM
Last Edited 09:06:02 AM

A screenshot isn't necessary; I believe you.  I just can't figure out the problem.  That the occurrence is intermittent complicates it.

I don't know how to add a screenshot in a Comment, but here's how in an Answer.  Take the shot, and save the file to a convenient folder.  When you're typing an Answer, notice the word Browse just below the text field.  Click that, and navigate to the file you saved earlier.  Double click that file.  The picture won't appear until you submit the Answer, at least it doesn't for me.

0 Helpful
dhemmes
Adventurer

Interesting observation from Tim about Chrome. I tried a privste window in Firefox and did also get the desired results. And that was after I uninstalled Firefox and re-installed a completely new version without any changes to my results. Wondering whether adblocker plays a role here.

My solution (?) is that I now use Chrome for Ebay and for nothing else. Worked so far.