cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post

Sellers shipping label fees

davibreau0
Adventurer

WHILE PAYMENT MADE IN FULL IN ALL REALITY BELONGING TO THE SELLER, IS BEING HELD WITH FULL POSSESSION BY EBAY!

While EBAY makes interest on a sellers funds, and by default make a seller pay out of pocket once a sale is paid in full, all the shipping charges cost involved!? Taking a sellers personal money that's going to be applied to shipping label fees, all the while banking on money that's been paid to a seller, that now then ebay has double the amount for shipping label fees.

And don't forget the full amount that's paid for a sellers #$!t , EBAY HAS FULL POSSESSION OF COLLECTING INTEREST ON IT, ALL THE WHILE IT'S THE SELLERS. And by default ebay is charging sellers in a sense making them pay money while they hold as well all the money that should by default be covering this bull $#!t!

Seems like a case for class action I can't imagine all the interest ebay makes of sellers money, and further making the sellers pay out of pocket for fees, while ebay banke's on the interest the funds that should be paying for all of it BY DEFAULT!!!!!

FRAUD!

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

ijazzu
Guide

I'm sorry but there is no class action for not reading all policies prior to listing. New seller holds are spelled out as well as what you need to do to get them lifted.

I can let you know, telling a buyer they need a "home labotomy kit" isn't going to help you and that's going to be out there forever since they haven't ask eBay to violate you for leaving a false positive and have it removed. . . Besides it's spelled "Lobotomy" But either way you want to spell it, it's going to reflect on your customer service, which is why you have seller holds in the first place. Until you prove you are a worthy eBay seller and can show a positive customer service history, it's on you.

I'm very sorry you feel this way, I do realize eBay isn't for everyone and this is a member to member question and answer board. So if you have any questions you'd like help with, there are many of us here to help any new seller that have questions. Please no name calling or cap yelling hereinnocent

Happy New Year!!!

mr_lincoln
Rockstar

@davibreau0  You are missing one very important fact.  The eBay Venue takes a Seller's item and presents it around the world for Buyers to view.  I've shipped things to over 30 different states and four other countries ... I would never get:

-that kind of exposure at a yard sale

-that kind of exposure at a consignment shop

-the price I ask for on eBay somewhere else

As far as the Fees are concerned, eBay and PayPal earn their part and I cover those costs, profit, expenses, inventory cost, annual taxes owed, etc. in the sale price.  Anyone who does that does not complain because they have set their business up to make a profit.  We have had returns, minor scams, etc. but have absorbed the occasional loss with the overall sales.  Its business, not personal and for us, hobby selling.

davibreau0
Adventurer

Re: Sellers shipping label fees

in reply to Jan 2, 2018 8:41:11 PM
Sure I understand and can relate. The way I feel if they looked out for you the way a partner should. Because after all what's a store around the world with nothing in it to show? It's a mutual relationship and the tiny fact of my point if they valued a customer as they should! When it came to some things like a default action that pays selling fees, that should default to money being held, that's ultimately the sellers money. Rather than cash that's been made cleared and paid to the seller from a prior item. Thus allowing buyer flexibility to make purchases, restock items to sell, continue with the cycle. Not leave a person possibly money already freed up, when there's the other money sitting there in fact is that's what that money held is from and for! On top of it all its possibly leaving the seller short, while putting padding in the ebay, PayPal cushion, maximising interest on the money being held, that's the sellers! But working by the way it's done making interest on the held funds. And I promise you those millions it is counted together the interest gets huge adding up. On top of a more than fair cut they already take. I would almost bet what's being done them collecting interest on sellers money is on the line of legal and illegal .
0 Helpful
davibreau0
Adventurer

in reply to Jan 2, 2018 9:32:56 PM
Didn't miss that fact at all. My point you miss sellers and ebay as well PayPal are partners. It takes every part. Ebay makes available and even simplified many things. They charge for it that to much degree is fair. What I feel and see is if they valued the seller as they should than the seemingly petty looking little things they would be looking for the ways to maximise everyone's profits first most there own. As I the seller would to. But when I learn such details they been doing it makes me realize a greed factor, and lack of concern they have for me and every seller. The PHUCKING DEFAULT PAYMENT MONEY SHOULD BE TAKEN OUT OF THE FUNDS ON HOLD PAID FOR THE PRODUCT! NOT DEFAULT TO BE TAKEN FROM MY MONEY I'VE ALREADY EARNED THAT MAYBE LEAVES ME SHORT! AND IT'S BLATANT AND ABSENT ANY LOGIC FOR THEM TO OVERLOOK THE FUNDS BEING HELD TO GO TO THE TROUBLE OF COVERING THOSE CHARGES BY GOING WITH INTENT TO TRANSFER MONEY FROM A BACK UP SOURCE IN THE AMOUNT OF 25CENTS, RATHER THAN JUST USING THE #! $@ING MONEY BEING HELD PAID TO THE SELLER BEING PUT ON HOLD, THE SELLERS MONEY, YOU CATCH THAT? JG WENTWORTH IT'S MY MONEY THEY ARE HOLDING, USE IT! LEAVE WHAT I'VE ALREADY EARNED MADE PUT AWAY ALONE, USE MY MONEY BEING HELD! EINSTEIN DOES THAT REGISTER O BIG KANOBODY?
0 Helpful
gosimus
Rockstar

in reply to Jan 3, 2018 8:34:14 AM
Last Edited 08:37:43 AM

"I promise you those millions it is counted together the interest gets huge"   Let's take a look at how huge that is.  Let's assume the amount that PayPal is holding is 10 million $US.  How much interest do they get?  I have an IRA that pays 1.9% so let's use that.  A year's interest on 10 million would be 190,000.  Divide that by 365 to get a day's worth, is 520 a day.  Not bad, IF one person got it, but it goes into the company.  There are roughly 1.2 billion shares of PayPal stock outstanding, so each share would gain 4 millionths of a penny.  If an investor holds a million shares, the value of his holdings went up 4¢ that day.  He shouldn't go out shopping for yachts just yet.

Rockstar

You have so many misconceptions...

1. eBay doesn't hold your funds, PayPal does.
  2. PayPal releases enough of your held funds to purchase your label.
  3. eBay has not doubled shipping label fees...in fact, there are NO shipping label fees.
  4. You agreed to all of these policies by virtue of using eBay.
  5. You should reread the User Agreement so you can learn (there's a link at the bottom of the page). Read in particular that part about legal disputes so you understand why you won't be starting or participating in any class action lawsuits.

davibreau0
Adventurer

in reply to Jan 2, 2018 5:16:19 PM
You are so spot on!
0 Helpful
davibreau0
Adventurer

in reply to Jan 2, 2018 5:26:12 PM
But ebay and PayPal may have separate business names and other details separating them, like one is a store for buying and selling the other a bank for managing the funds created through ebay. And here's where you might go into saying for much more than just ebay. I bing just **bleep** about the **bleep** way ebay has a default setting to use the sellers funds to cover the expense of shipping (so sharp of you to realize printing shipping labels is no charge) unless the label includes with the sellers post to pay shipping.
0 Helpful
Rockstar

in reply to Jan 2, 2018 5:34:20 PM
As I wrote, "PayPal releases enough of your held funds to PURCHASE your label." I didn't say anything about printing it. And yes, eBay and PayPal have a lot separating them...they are two different companies.
0 Helpful
davibreau0
Adventurer

in reply to Jan 2, 2018 6:04:28 PM
Right ding done PP releases enuf to cover ship cost, IF YOU'VE SET THE DEFAULT FUNDING TO BE TAKEN FROM THERE FIRST! BUT A DEFAULT SETTING IN F ING EBAY HAS THE MONEY TAKEN FROM THE SELLERS AVAILABLE FUNDS FIRST INCLUDING BACKUP ACCOUNTS CONNECTED TO ANYONE'S ACCOUNTS BACK UP BANKING ACCOUNTS AND CHARGE CARDS .
0 Helpful
zylor4200
Rockstar

What on earth is this guy talking about?

chung-lee-2
Guide

WRONG WRONG WRONG and WRONG , class action LOL , have at it .