Buying & Selling Basics
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post

Pictures not showing in my watch list, again

Last Edited 05:10:34 PM

Once again, I have blank thumbnails in the watch list. Lost out on 1 of 3 items I wanted to bid on last night because I couldn't see the items. Seller lost a sell too. I thought eBay had this issue fixed? Its not just my laptop, it is the same way on mobile device. Anyone else have blank pics?

There is another thread on this issue so I'll put this thread to bed. EBay mods have responded that the tech dept is working to fix the problem. Thanks to all who have chimed in. I don't feel so alone in my frustration.

UPDATE: Another poster on another thread suggested using the All Lists tab instead of Watch List. Using All Lists brings all the pictures back! Good luck to all....

mlmtf6
Adventurer

Re: Pictures not showing in my watch list, again

in reply to Sep 8, 2016 10:50:26 AM
Me too!
0 Helpful
314-5th-avenue
Explorer

in reply to Sep 8, 2016 12:56:28 PM
Me three! Thumbnails have been gone from my watch list for about a week now. Very annoying.
Anyone have a cure?
0 Helpful
thesnuffpunk
Adventurer

in reply to Sep 8, 2016 1:36:51 PM
Same here! For a while I could get most of them to come up again by refreshing the page, but for the last two days I get nothing no mater how many times I try.
0 Helpful
kittystreasures
Enthusiast

in reply to Sep 8, 2016 2:35:49 PM
Count me as another "same here" person! Exactly the same problem as you thesnuffpunk!
0 Helpful
mid12nt
Adventurer

in reply to Sep 8, 2016 5:30:38 PM
Changing to All Lists instead of Watch List brought the images back!!!! Thank you for posting the work around fix. Here's hoping Ebay fixes the problem with the Watch List.
0 Helpful
ramguss
Explorer

in reply to Nov 23, 2016 6:33:34 AM
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. HOPE EBAY FIX THIS SOON.
0 Helpful
gomluc-d5q0jbst
Enthusiast

in reply to Oct 9, 2017 6:16:08 PM
I have the same problem!! has anyone fix this issue?
0 Helpful
62hongthaptu
Enthusiast

in reply to Oct 15, 2017 1:14:01 AM
same my problem
0 Helpful
retroretiree
Adventurer

in reply to Feb 28, 2018 5:45:28 PM
I also have this problem. any Ideas?
0 Helpful

Answers (34)

Answers (34)

mystevestack
Adventurer

DITTO ... HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM; SO FRUSTRATING!!! HOPEFULLY EBAY SEES THESE MESSAGES AND TAKES HEED!

gosimus
Rockstar

@cleverfoxjewelrybox

< Anyone else have blank pics? >   

My Watch List is the same way.  I have 13 items on my WL - 11 of them have no picture, and the other 2 show the picture normally.

eBay Watch List Item No Thumbnail.JPG
just-traci
Adventurer
Last Edited 05:15:10 PM

Same problem here.

No thumbnail pictures of my watch list items.

Come on ebay, get your act together.

This should have been fixed in a few hours, not days or weeks! 

UPDATE: Thanks to cleverfoxjewelrybox we have a solution.

just hover over "My eBay" and click on "All lists"

in reply to Sep 8, 2016 4:36:27 PM
Someone suggested clicking All List under your My EBay tab. I tried it and all my pics are visable! Crossing fingers this holds until a real fix comes along.
just-traci
Adventurer

in reply to Sep 8, 2016 4:52:28 PM
Wow, you really are a Clever Fox, that works perfectly. Thank you
0 Helpful

in reply to Sep 8, 2016 4:56:30 PM
Thanks but I can't take credit. Another poster on another thread suggested it. I'm very happy to have my pics back!
0 Helpful
kydbar
Pathfinder

My watch list is the same way. Has to be on Ebay's end.

dmogie
Pathfinder

in reply to Sep 8, 2016 9:06:13 AM
I only get the pics after refreshing several times... sometimes.
0 Helpful

in reply to Sep 8, 2016 10:22:43 AM
EBay is its' own worst enemy. Almost every new change makes something less efficient.
lillesolja
Enthusiast

SAME HERE What's going on!!!! - Its the same on chrome, firefox and Internet explorer - have alos checked on aol which uses a version of - there ebay would not even load -  ebay needs to get on the stick and fix this - programmers geet busy!!!

foxieroxieblue2
Rising Star

Yes, this is very annoying. Seems to me that Ebay needs to stay on top of things.  When things like this happens, it just seems to take longer and longer to resolve the problem.  Makes me want to stop putting things in my watch list.  Feel bad for the sellers when we can't see the items we are watching.

kauairix
Adventurer

They send an offer to get 6% in ebay bucks yesterday, but today no thumbnails on watched items. Tried 3 different browsers and still doesn't work. Don't need it that bad. Sellers the losers when that happens.

makeupminion
Enthusiast

Same here, no images in watch list, regardless of browser being used.

bgoodgion
Adventurer

Same here - different machines and browsers yield same result - only one pic out of 80 items on my watch list.  Pics show fine in other views, searches, etc. - just not on watch list.  Obviously and eBay issue.  None of the other websites I visit seem to have a similar issue; just eBay.  I find this to be a recurring problem - it's really annoying and I don't understand why it keeps happening. 

in reply to Sep 8, 2016 10:16:40 AM
Funny how my first 4 pages have blank pics and the saved ended listings have pics. If I go to page 4, then back to page 1, the pics reappear. The only way I got to bid on 2 of the items I wanted was to go to the sellers listing. Unfortunately, the 3rd item was a different seller and I wasn't fast enough to nab it. All 3 of the items I wanted ending within minutes of each other. I really wanted all 3 compacts!!
cgtgcnp
Adventurer

same issue here too.  ebay not checking their webpages very accurately.  my images or thumnails are fine for purchases, just blank for watched items.

milret1951
Enthusiast

Experiencing the same problem.  A few days ago started with one image.  Then the list of invisible images grew.  This morning, my entire watch list is not visible.  I believe this issue has occurred in the past.  It usually lasted a few days to a couple weeks.  But never this bad.  Previously, the issue was resolved.  Has eBay responded to this issue, yet?  Maybe I missed it?

in reply to Sep 8, 2016 3:32:04 PM
@milret1951 There is actually another thread on this issue. I didn't see it or I wouldn't have started another. But anyway, eBay did respond on the larger thread that the tech group is aware of the problem and working to fix it. Hopefully they fix it for good this time. It's been a problem off and on for a couple of years.
0 Helpful
1holen1
Adventurer

Same here. Don't they know a picture is worth a thousand words,

cyra512
Pathfinder

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.

HOPE EBAY FIX THIS SOON.

CYRA

ladyhawke-123
Adventurer

it's the same for me too. very frustrating but i am glad i am not alone.

texunjohn
Explorer

Having same problem! No pictures showing up in watch list has been going on intermittently (SP?) for several days. Makes it tough keeping up with items I'm interested in bidding on!!!!!!

nwd863
Enthusiast

The pictures in my watch list started disappearing a few days ago.  Now non of my Watched Items show pictures of the item!

Very frustrating when trying to bid!  Is it an Ebay issue?

ozmaatoz
Pathfinder

No answer ... jsut a repeat of the issue.  Any solutions yet?

in reply to Sep 8, 2016 1:39:05 PM
None that I've found. Another eBay gremlin that only eBay can fix I suppose. Another thread suggested running a malware check but I had already tried that and came up clean. Another suggested emptying the cache and refreshing but I didn't have any different results from that either. Maybe try those suggestions and see if works for you?
0 Helpful
just-traci
Adventurer

in reply to Sep 8, 2016 6:52:07 PM
just hover over "My eBay" and click on "All lists"
0 Helpful
theebump
Adventurer

No pictures in watch list,...none !

jessejames47
Explorer

Same problem here , last few days. Hard to bid. Does Ebay have anything to say about this problem?

pervinpatty
Adventurer

I have 1 pic out of 22 watched items Cat Mad

charlieearhart
Enthusiast

me too 

no pics

backwego2
Explorer

I have same problem, very frustrating... it' on laptop, phone, and desk top....  grrrrrr

angeltoeslynn
Adventurer

I suspect they are forcing bids.......check out your bid list.....you probably have thumbnails........your watch list sits blank.  coincidence, I am sure, but watching is part of bidding   ....right?  Think we just lost a tool.   lyn

meyacha
Adventurer

I just check mine. Worked great and thumb nails were there!   meyacha

mjps2629
Rising Star

I'm having the same problem as well on lap top and mobile devices.

adidas8269
Pathfinder

Firefox not showing pictures on watch list but will show on all list.Works fine on my Google Chrome very strange.

I'm having the same problem as of today and it seems to only affect me while I use Firefox. All other browsers allow me to navigate eBay with pictures displaying properly. I wonder if it's just a browser issue and not eBay. I cleared my history and cache, but so far no luck. I haven't found any working solution yet after doing some research. This is so time consuming!

angeltoeslynn
Adventurer

Wow... Having same problem......I was blaming Kaspersky...my internet security.......really think there should at least be a number we can call....Have always said I would never sell on ebay....just another reason to avoid these folks.......when all the business ends up on Etsy or Ruby Lane....they may pay attention......glad they do not have my contract.  lyn

big_tesuque
Adventurer

I have been having the same problem with watched item pictures for quite a while now. Sometimes some, most of the time, none! but only on watched items... strange!

the "all lists" solution doesn't last... the next time you go to "my ebay", its all the same!

I doubt ebay pays any attention to these posts but I'll bet they have noticed how sales have dropped off to zilch. Lets see how much longer the CEO gets their $10,000,000.00+  per year!

America!! **bleep** Yea!!

meyacha
Adventurer

cleverfoxjewelrybox wrote:

Once again, I have blank thumbnails in the watch list. Lost out on 1 of 3 items I wanted to bid on last night because I couldn't see the items. Seller lost a sell too. I thought eBay had this issue fixed? Its not just my laptop, it is the same way on mobile device. Anyone else have blank pics?

There is another thread on this issue so I'll put this thread to bed. EBay mods have responded that the tech dept is working to fix the problem. Thanks to all who have chimed in. I don't feel so alone in my frustration.

UPDATE: Another poster on another thread suggested using the All Lists tab instead of Watch List. Using All Lists brings all the pictures back! Good luck to all....

cleverfoxjewelrybox wrote:

I have been having the same problem for a month. Have talk to Ebay. But no one cares. Had Ebay call and hang up on me. I guess they do not care we are having problems.