Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post

MORE ABUT EBAY

tabosh
Enthusiast

HELLO,

WE ARE QUITE FRESH ON EBAY AND WILL LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO OPERATE BEST SELLING OR BUYING. THE FOLLOWING ARE THE AREAS WE NEED CLEARIFICATIONS OVER:

1. COST OF INSERTION FEE

2. FINAL VALUE FEE

3. WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF ACCOUNT AND THE BEST OF ACCOUNT TO OPEN

4. HOW MUCH IS THE MONTHLY SUBSCRIBTION?

5. HOW DO WE SELL AN ITEM WITHOUT BEING ON SELLERS HUB.

6. HOW AND WHEN DO ONE GET A SHIPPING LABEL

7. WHAT ABOUT THE VALET SERVICE?

8. WHAT AND HOW DO ONE GET A REWARD FOR BEING A VENDOR?

ALL THESE AND MORE ARE WHAT WE NEED YOUR EXPERT OPENION ON HOW TO DO ABOUT THIS.

THANKS

tabosh
Enthusiast

Re: MORE ABUT EBAY

in reply to Dec 26, 2017 9:37:13 AM
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT EBAY
0 Helpful

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

gosimus
Rockstar

Hello @tabosh and welcome to eBay.

Those are quite some questions and not all of them are simple.  I'm linking you to the eBay Help pages.  http://pages.ebay.com/help/index/A.html  You can choose other subjects by clicking on the letters of the alphabet.  Some of the subjects are not listed intuitively, so search around.  eBay is not an easy place to learn. 

You're starting at a disadvantage by being in Nigeria.  Your country has a reputation for online thievery.   Many people will simply avoid buying from you out of concern for the legitimacy of the listings.  I'm sorry, but that's the way it is. 

tabosh
Enthusiast

Re: MORE ABUT EBAY

in reply to Dec 26, 2017 12:40:43 PM
YEAH, I LIKE THE ISSUE YOU RAISED ABOUT NIGERIA, BUT WHAT CAN BE DONE EVEN IF I WILL BE SELLING LOCALLY? SEE, I JUST NEED ANY POSITIVE THING I CAN DO TO GET OUR BUSINESS RUNNING ON LINE. YOU MAY BE THE SAVING GRACE. THANK YOU TO MUCH, I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TIME.
mr_lincoln
Rockstar
Last Edited 06:50:41 PM

@tabosh  Comments in red ... link below your post in blue

tabosh wrote:

HELLO,

WE ARE QUITE FRESH ON EBAY AND WILL LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO OPERATE BEST SELLING OR BUYING. THE FOLLOWING ARE THE AREAS WE NEED CLEARIFICATIONS OVER:

1. COST OF INSERTION FEE  See link below to read on Selling Fees for eBay.  PayPal charges 2.9% plus 30 cents per transaction on BOTH item and shipping PAID by Buyer.

2. FINAL VALUE FEE  See link below

3. WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF ACCOUNT AND THE BEST OF ACCOUNT TO OPEN NEW Sellers start with the Everday Rate plan, you get 50 FREE Insertion Fees per month ... Additional listings cost 30 cents EACH.  You will also have Selling Limits on the number of items you can list AND the total dollar amount you can list at any one time.  They may start you BELOW 50 insertions per month.

4. HOW MUCH IS THE MONTHLY SUBSCRIBTION? Forget a monthly subscription until you gain expereince selling

5. HOW DO WE SELL AN ITEM WITHOUT BEING ON SELLERS HUB.  Seller Hub is THE program that eBay provides ... suggest you use it from day 1 ... obviously you've read negative things about it but it is not as bad as people say ... sure it needs some work but that's where you start.

6. HOW AND WHEN DO ONE GET A SHIPPING LABEL  Use eBay to print labels

7. WHAT ABOUT THE VALET SERVICE?  That program is where eBay decides what to sell your items for ... suggest you start by selling yourself and gain experience

8. WHAT AND HOW DO ONE GET A REWARD FOR BEING A VENDOR?  Congratulations!  you are a Vendor!  That's about all the reward you will get unless someone else posts the same thing for you.

ALL THESE AND MORE ARE WHAT WE NEED YOUR EXPERT OPENION ON HOW TO DO ABOUT THIS.  Suggest you read as much as you can and if you decide to sell get a scale that will weight to at least 25 lbs, a measuring tape, shipping tape, tape dispensor, cardboard boxes, bubble wrap and or peanuts, a big flat table to pack boxes on, scissors, knife to cut cardboard, computer, printer, digital camera, rechargeable battery(s) for the camera, some large one color (white)  panels to photograph your items on, some flourescnet lights for around the photograph area, etc.

THANKS  You are welcome ...

Link: https://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

Rockstar

Ebay's Valet Service is not available to members outside of the US.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."

Also, and I'm surprised no one else said this, don't type your listings and titles in all capital letters.  It is considered yelling in the computer world.