Buying & Selling Basics
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post

HELP!!! What should I do if a buyer open the case on ebay when the tracking number showed delivered?

phng89
Adventurer

Hello everyone,

First time encounter this problem.

I sent an item to my customer last week, and now he opened a case against me just because he hasn't received the item yet. I did enter the tracking number by the time I shipped it, and the number showed it was already delivered two days ago.

I contacted him, and it turned out that he doesn't know the address where I shipped to. But that is his responsibility to enter the right address. He said that his city is in Southern California, not the city in Northern California, where the item was shipped to.  I did google the city, but the only city I  can find is located in Northern Cali. I see this is really insane. How come a state can have two cities with the same name???

Is he lying to me? What should I do?

Thanks everyone!

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

zylor4200
Rockstar

You need to promptly respond to the case and enter the tracking number in your response. That is your main seller protection in cases where the package was scanned as delivered but the buyer claims he didn't receive it. Make sure the tracking number is also entered into ebay.

phng89
Adventurer

Re: HELP!!! What should I do if a buyer open the case on...

in reply to Dec 30, 2017 10:09:31 AM
I did response to the customer, and he told me that the address is not his. How is this possible? He is responsible for the shipping address, right? Also, the tracking number is there already. Thanks
0 Helpful
buyselljack2016
Rockstar

in reply to Dec 30, 2017 10:12:57 AM
Last Edited 10:21:43 AM

response to @phng89

Does not matter if the # is in the listing order details. Respond to the case by entering the tracking #. failure to do so will likely cause you to lose the case

phng89
Adventurer

in reply to Dec 30, 2017 10:15:22 AM
ok I will do that. Thanks
0 Helpful
buyselljack2016
Rockstar

in reply to Dec 30, 2017 10:17:36 AM
Last Edited 10:19:37 AM

reply to @phng89

Just seems crazy to have to enter the # as a response to a case when it was already in the listing order details, but that's the way it is.  Bots are likely handling the case at this point, and they don't know enough to look for it.

phng89
Adventurer

in reply to Dec 30, 2017 10:23:27 AM
oh yes, that's what I thought. The number is already there since the item was shipped. Customer can easily track it. But yeah I am going to do it now. thank you Sir
0 Helpful
centexcompsvcs
Trailblazer
Last Edited 10:22:56 AM

As long as you shipped it to the address listed on PayPal payment , you are covered.  It was his responsibilty to update his address.  This is not your fault. You are not required to  refund this buyer.  Do  not refund him!   When he opens an Item Not Received  (INR) claim, provide all of this information  in response: tracking number, and his listed address as shown on PayPal.  Save all of the emails and communicate only through the eBay messaging system.

If the item is returnd to you , offer him a refund  less shipping cost. Or offer to resend it  if he pays shipping back to his correct address.

anthemshop24-7
Trailblazer

For as long as the address you shipped to matches the confirmed address on Paypal, you have seller protection. Did you check address on Paypal site before you printed label?

phng89
Adventurer

in reply to Dec 30, 2017 10:06:26 AM
I printed it from paypal Sir. The address is entered by the customer, not me. I just followed the instruction from eBay, printed out the label and shipped the package. Thanks

As you long as you ship to paypal confirmed address which he provided then you are protected. Give him the tracking and inform him to talk to his local Post Office to get it reroute to his address if they did make a mistake in delivery.  That is an issue he can deal with it much better then you.

phng89
Adventurer

in reply to Dec 30, 2017 10:12:59 AM
Yes, the address says it is confirmed on paypal, but the customer said it is not his address. @.@ So now I don't have to refund him right?
0 Helpful

in reply to Dec 31, 2017 1:32:02 PM
As long as u ship to the paypal confirmed address which is the address he provided then you are protected. You do not have to do anything.
0 Helpful
anthemshop24-7
Trailblazer

In addition to the post of Centex, you may try reshipping it by bringing it to the post office at no additional postage to you because you were not at fault. One seller advised to take that route on another thread. 

anthemshop24-7
Trailblazer

I printed it from paypal Sir. The address is entered by the customer, not me. I just followed the instruction from eBay, printed out the label and shipped the package. Thanks

@phng89

The reason I asked if you confirmed the address on Paypal is because there are sellers who have been scammed by shipping right away without confirming if address matches Paypal's. Some even relied on emails from PayPal which looked legit but turned out to be fake email.

ed8108
Guide

Advise your buyer USPS tracking confirms the mail article as delivered.

Inquiry should be made by buyer at the local post office. The mail article may have been misdelivered.

Stolen ?

phng89
Adventurer

in reply to Dec 30, 2017 3:55:07 PM
I don't think its stolen because the package is just some cheap clothe. Its not worth to risk money or prison time for just $20 clothes. The weird thing is that the customer said he lives in a city in Sourthern Cali, but the address show the same city in Northern Cali. Is the seller now supposed to check the buyer's address and ask them to make sure that's the correct one? I don't think so. I think the buyer trying to cheat. Right?
0 Helpful
ed8108
Guide

Your buyer entered a address with the zip code to where it should be sent, correct ?

phng89
Adventurer

in reply to Dec 31, 2017 11:40:49 AM
I don't even care about that. It is his responsibility. The point is he said he doesn't know the address that showed up on his paypal, but the package already sent, and delivered. He said he lives in a city in Sourthern Cali, but I search it and there is no such city in Sourthern Cali. feel like meh
0 Helpful