Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post

Advice on Buying Trip to the EU and Shipping back to the USA

vssoutlet
Thrill-Seeker

Hi,

I’m inquiring to ask your advice about a buying trip to Europe. It’s my first time and I want to make sure that I do it right.

I am in the used camera and photographic equipment business, so most of what I deal in are cameras, lenses and accessories. My company is currently very small. We don’t have a lot of money and I won’t be sending back a container of items – probably just several large boxes. We are located near Philadelphia.

My questions/concerns are:

• How do I avoid paying VAT in the EU (since I am exporting, my understanding is that I am not required to pay VAT)?
  • How can I minimize import duty and fees when I bring items into the USA?
  • How do I minimize my shipping costs?
  • Figuring out the best and most cost-effective way to ship from EU countries into the USA
  • I may be visiting several countries and making multiple shipments (my current thoughts on countries are: Hungary, Germany, Spain and Bulgaria). How do I do this effectively?
  • What documents and pre-trip preparations do I need to make?

Thanks in advance for your help!

John

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

zylor4200
Rockstar

These questions are all ones you will need to ask over there, those countries you mention most likely have slightly (or not so slightly) different fees, VATS, dutys, etc, etc.

vssoutlet
Thrill-Seeker

Re: Advice on Buying Trip to the EU and Shipping back to...

in reply to Dec 30, 2017 2:54:19 PM
Thanks for the response. Since I am trying to plan the trip, I don't want to wait until I'm there to ask.
0 Helpful
kensgiftshop
Trailblazer

Ya might want to talk with a travel agency.

Hey guys, don't forget Valentine's is just a few weeks away, so if you don't want to end up in the dog house, don't forget!