Button Buddies
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Is this a place where I can post pics to get information and value of vintage/antique buttons?

I have collected a lot of things over the years, but it is time to start thinning the herd. I have quite a few vintage & antique buttons. I strung a lot of the bakelite buttons together on elastic and wore them as bracelets. I also have quite a few b...

Please help to identify

2" diameter, and 2 1/9" diameter on the lobed button. Dragons and script are repousse.The longevity symbol seems to be carved.I cannot date them, came with an estate with very fine items, but not sure about these. Any help - greatly appreciated!

Help with an enamel button

Hi all...found this in a tin of buttons,I know nothing about buttons..any ifo would be helpful Thank you in advance

Identifying military buttons?

I've got some eagle buttons that I'd like to identify. When I bought them they were listed as WWII buttons but I want to verify; I don't want to mis-label them when I sell them. I did research on various sites but there are so many variables. All are...

What "style" is this very old MOP button?

Hi there! I'm finding a lot of this style of MOP button in a very, very old button collection from my great aunt. Can anyone tell me the "style" of these buttons? When would they have been made? Do they date as early as Civil War? The are fairly thic...

IMG_2365.JPG IMG_2366.JPG

Vintage or Contemporary enamel buttons

Please let me start by saying I am ALMOST totally clueless. The little I know is from reading this board. Daddy always told me to find people who know there stuff, ask questions, sit back and learn. well, here I amI have acquired some enamel buttons ...

DSC01993 (1).JPG DSC01994 (1).JPG DSC02003.JPG DSC02004 (1).JPG

Help identifying Asian Metal Picture Buttons

I found these in an antique store near Keuka Lake in NY. Metal button with gold foil sheet? The images are similar on each button depending on where they were cut. There are 12 in all. Thoughts? I did some searching and came up empty. Thanks for any ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

US Capitol Building or Illinois / Indiana Button

I am trying to determine if this button is the United Sates Capitol building or what state building it is. It was in with my grandmothers buttons that my mother gave to me. My grandmother was from Illinois. My mother is from Indiana and could have th...

IMG_1487.JPG IMG_1488 2.JPG

Big book of buttons second edition volume 1&2

These 2 volumes are the 'bible' of collector’s books for the serious button enthusiast. Published by Saint Johann Press. Written by Elizabeth Hughes and Marion Lester.Both volumes contain over 1,100 pages. They offer a full encyclopaedia of button de...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Information On "The Big Book of Buttons"

Hi again everyone! I have enjoyed reading your posts and introductions. I wondered if anyone knows if they are going to do another printing of "The Big Book of Buttons" by Elizabeth Hughes? I have tried to buy my daughter some good identification but...

Hollow celluloid sphere?

Here's something I haven't seen before. It feels like celluloid, though it looks so delicate I'm afraid to do anything to test it. It's light as air, and about 1/2" across.Have any of you folks seen anything like it?

sphere button 02.jpg sphere button 01.jpg
User avatar by Rising Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors