cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Big Book of Buttons

Responder here again. Has anyone received the new version of The Big Book of Buttons?
Linda Falkenthal
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

New Big Book of Buttons

No What is it?? Please tell us about it!! Jackie
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

New Big Book of Buttons

Haven't seen it yet. Do you have one? Jackie, the Big Book of Buttons is a huge book which many collectors consider the "button bible". It was last published sometime in the 1970's and has been out of print since. Some updates have been made and supposedly it's being reprinted. Used copies were selling for up to $400 and more. I was able to buy a quantity of the BBB for $179 about 5 years ago from an online book seller which I sold at cost to my button club members. This book can be a little difficult to use for beginners but after a while, you will probably want a copy. There are lots of good button books which can ease you into collecting without spending the big money for a BBB right off. Buy one when you are sure you are hooked on button collecting and really want one. Then ask a loved one to consider buying one for you as a birthday or special holiday gift. -Carol-
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

New Big Book of Buttons

Nope I haven't hear anything and was wondering about it. I understand some time ago that it was going to be available around october. Do you know who we can order one from? I had the information some time ago, but haven't found it yet in the black whole in my house. Thanks - Linda
Linda Falkenthal
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

New Big Book of Buttons

I think you'll find an ad in the NBS Bulletin toward the back from any dealers who plan to carry the BBB. It might say they are taking advance orders. I'm not sure who those dealers are. I have my raggedy older BBB which I love and plan to keep using until it falls apart before I spend a bundle on a new one. I don't know how much different the new one will be, perhaps I'll be persuaded to get another one if it looks really different and carries major updates. The values are what has always been way off in the BBB, so it's a good book for looking buttons up or just seeing what is possibly out there for collectors. Although it can be hard to use because the index was geared toward advanced collectors who want to look stuff up by subject matter more than materials. -C-
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

New Big Book of Buttons

mybuttonbasket_1
Enthusiast
C and B Weiser are taking orders for the updated Big Book of Buttons. Their web site is www.cbweiser.com They ask that you email for information on the BBB at buttons@cbweiser.com. It is my understanding that the BBB publication date has been moved to next year. I don't know the date. Earlier this year the Weisers were asking for a very small deposit to reserve a copy. The new book is supposed to be quite a bit less in price than the current out of print copy. I have never seen the old BBB so I appreciate the info on content. The new BBB is supposed to have updated values and a new section on plastics. Patti
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

New Big Book of Buttons

Thanks for the update. Linda at the Responder
Linda Falkenthal
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

New Big Book of Buttons

Yes

Message 8 of 8
latest reply