cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collector and Hoarder

Hello to all that read this, I have been looking through the eBay groups lately to see what there was for groups that might be of interest to me. I figured that there may be lots of good information for me here about buttons as I know very little about them besides I like them.

I figured I would start a new "Topic" as I noticed that there was little activity here and that it may be best to start anew with my intro.

I'm not what you would call a serious button collector, but I do collect them along with MANY other interesting curios and items.

I have always found buttons and other small items interesting as there can be so much color, texture and variety in a small container.

My favorite buttons are made of metal or glass. I have a nice collection of metal uniform buttons such as Police, Security, Fire Dept, Military, Band and other such uniform buttons. I also have a nice selection of "civilian" metal buttons from blazers and such. I also have a assortment of plastic buttons that look like the metal uniform buttons.

I keep most of my glass buttons mixed with glass marbles and other interesting glass items in a 55 gallon aquarium with fish as glass makes a great medium for the under gravel filter system.

Another button item that I have collected up over the years are the metal buttons that are on blue jeans and the like. I would cut them off of the jeans and such that I would "rag out". Over the many years I have ended up with a few 5 gallon buckets of these. A figured that they would be great for arts and crafts and such as there is so much variety in them as well as some color in some of the more interesting ones that have various centers that are copper, jewels and such.

I also find the tiny buttons and the very LARGE buttons of different materials interesting. Also the plastic buttons that have interesting shapes such as hearts, animals and such.

After over 30 years of collecting and hoarding things of many types I have started to go through the tons of items I have and sort and organize them better with the plan of getting rid of some of the surplus that don't interest me personally.

-- Edited by lotsstuff at 04/18/2013 12:18 AM PDT
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Collector and Hoarder

scott122620
Guide

I just did the same thing almost....Oh hi my name is Jo I was searching around for something to do and found this site, I think I was on here quite a few month ago. I hope they don't close it I just have been interested in collecting buttons. I have an old Mason Jar that was my grandma's full of buttons and I ran across them the other day and thought I might look into buttons I love the variety you get with buttons. I read they are going to close this site down for non participation. I can't teach anyone about them cause I don't know anything about them......

Message 2 of 2
latest reply