cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Filter for tools

There are search filters for tv's, computers, toys, pants, hats, shirts, shoes, music and a myriad of other categories. I've searched for and bought (34) x (34,36) (denim, khaki) (work, cargo) (short, long) (navy, brown, grey, tan, black) (men's) pants with considerable ease. Same with tv's, computers, shirts, shoes, etc.  Why are these filters not extended to CARBIDE INSERTS- a category supremely fitted to this type of check-box filtering?

(triangle, square, hexagonal, diamond, parallelogram, round, threading, other)

(positive, negative)

(plain, mounting hole, chip-breaker)

(coating type... uncoated, TiN, TiAlN, PVD, CVD, etc.)

The present system requires a foreknowledge of thousands of letter prefixes to specify these first 4 filters and the next 3 or 4 digits are industry standards denoting 'inscribed circle', 'thickness', 'corner radius', or 'length' and 'width'.

Try finding a 633 or 632 sized positive hex insert NOW. No matter how you do your advanced search, you'll either get a handfull of listings or over 300(which consists overwhelming of listings for NON-HEXAGONAL inserts........ Not a good thing for buyers OR sellers.

I hope we can get this fixed and implement a likewise solution to the other standardized tooling subcatagories.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Search Filter for tools

Filters used to be great, but like spamming the search engines, I find them about useless. As an example do a quick search for say, Dewalt dcb205 and then by cheapest price with shipping using buy it now, or not. The first page is everything but what you wanted because of the spammers that also fill filters if there is a profit in doing so.

Personally, I do a search of auction descriptions in hoping the seller used the correct terms... but the best buys have been where you stumble on a tool that nobody has found because the seller did not seem to have a clue. If you are a seller, remember the frustrations you have in finding something... and use the right keywords in title and descritption.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply