cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nobody Thinks About eBay

http://bit.ly/2zrQdJT

I thought I posted this earlier this week. Anyone else see this article from earlier this week.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Nobody Thinks About eBay

This is the first time I have seen the article.  Ebay has been sliding downhill for me that last couple years just like half.com.  Amazon seems to be king but I think it is too expensive unless you sell 40 or more items per month.  I'm still looking for the best place to sell books.  I might just find me a good volunteer position and stop selling alltogether.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Nobody Thinks About eBay

I left Amazon because after the fee hike it was no longer worth the trouble. I'd long since stopped selling 40 books or more there a month, and simply raised my price to  cover their extra fees. The collectible books still sold.

I had one customer there who returned faithfully around this time of year to purchase a couple of my New In Box WWII books. I picked up a complete set in unopened boxes at auction, and opened them to find out if they were first printings--which they all are.

He emailed me from Amazon, looking for more.

I told him I'd be putting them up here when I returned from vacation, which I have just done.

Thanks for reminding me that a vacation is never more than a pile of work on the other side.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Nobody Thinks About eBay

I still find great bargains and unique items here and I am amazed at how many people don't think of buying from eBay.   

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Nobody Thinks About eBay

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Nobody Thinks About eBay

Actually sellers think of ebay when they are forced to leave amazon. With the recent fee increase, dvd and popular music gating, small sellers have no place to turn to except ebay, while prices on ebay are on a nosedive.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply