cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying on eBay

Every seller who also buys items on eBay - to keep or re-sell - raise your hand.

I was just browsing through listings and stopped on one that caught my eye, I opened it and that was when I was exposed to those awful words - something akin to "the picture is a stock photo but what you get will look like this image."

Does anyone in this group ever bid on an auction with that message or buy an item based on seeing a stock photo,?

I don't think I would ever be able to do that. I kind of understand why a seller might post auctions with stock photos but if they are serious about selling . . . but then I remember what P. T. said about suckers.

Michael 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Buying on eBay

Depends on how verbose the description is.  If the seller did an above average job describing the book I would purchase the book with a stock photo if it was a good deal.  I have done this a few times and have not been disappointed.  I have also purchased books with the actual book listed and been disappointed when I discovered a flaw was not mentioned, such as a missing map, weak hinges etc.

I have been selling books since pre internet and most purchases/sale for me  back then were done via a written description and no photos. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Buying on eBay

For a low cost modern book, yes, all of the time.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Buying on eBay

eBay is supposed to remove images if you have your own.

That said... I'm with mmadigan

Message 4 of 4
latest reply