cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home from Home

What a comfortable place to be.  Dibs on the couch and a blankie.  Jane

I added a 'just for the heck of it image' to see how it posts.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Home from Home

O dear.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Home from Home

@connorsvilleschool wrote:

O dear.

Shhh... don't call me that; Ray might hear ya.

😉

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Home from Home

I've asked the 'moderater' to pull down the huge image and the misspelled reply which could have been Oooh dear! or Oh dear depending... Ah well.  My Ray's graduated to a nursing home and while still being fond of me, has a great regard for the female nurseing staff.  The male nurses are evidently all trying to run off with me.  Vaguely flattering, though it involves shutting me in his room and then wandering off.  J

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Home from Home

@connorsvilleschool wrote:

I've asked the 'moderater' to pull down the huge image and the misspelled reply which could have been Oooh dear! or Oh dear depending... Ah well.  My Ray's graduated to a nursing home and while still being fond of me, has a great regard for the female nurseing staff.  The male nurses are evidently all trying to run off with me.  Vaguely flattering, though it involves shutting me in his room and then wandering off.  J

I'm so sorry to hear that Ray's in nursing care, Jane.

: (

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Home from Home

Thanks you! The grief was very hard, incapacating at first.  Still am not quite accepting this is not recoverable.  J

This comment goes with the image, in case it is not removed.  It's better seen on my facebook (Jane LaRoque).

"This image is by Richard Doyle, and is from the book The Fairy Ring printed in the 1840's. It's a somewhat bowdlerized version of the Grimm's tales. The grandmother is jolly and the dragon looks quite tame. If you told me it was drawn by Maurice Sendak I would believe you. The story as writ is a bit confusing Three soldiers are AWOL from the king's army having gotten fed up with the bad pay. They negotiate with the dragon who will save them from recapture for 7 years of their labor... which turns into 7 years of magical wealth before the dragon claims their service. Of course grandma reveals the clues that will save them from service and they get to keep their magical wealth... seems sort of hard on the dragon."

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Home from Home

Sorry to read about Your Ray, Jane.

I'm "Kate Holtan" on Facebook.

Will send Friend request.  Stay warm....  We've been so lucky, but it appears Winter will be returning on Tuesday.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Home from Home

(incapacitating) Thanks Kate!  Happy to add you on to facebook!  I am rarely posting much so you will not be flooded by me. Just starting to check it a bit more often. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply