cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refunds

I did not receive an item i bought (after 2 months waiting) so i requested a refund. i also gave the co. a low rating(which they deserved). i then got a mail from them stating that if i retract my low rating for 5 stars they would refund my money after the new rating was posted. isnt that extortion???? "well trade your refund (which i am in titled if you 1st give a a 5 star rating -which they are not entitled) unamused

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

refunds

Yes, that's feedback extortion and you can report it by calling eBay.

Did you open a case for Item Not Received and receive a refund?

I am not an eBay employee. I'm a US eBay Community Mentor.
Sunny

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

refunds

Yes, that's feedback extortion and you can report it by calling eBay.

Did you open a case for Item Not Received and receive a refund?

Sunny

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

refunds

they say i received a refund , therfore i wouldnt normally complain but the way the email was written was a little unsettling

eBayNew message from: eshop0909 (115,172RedShooting Star)

Hello dear friend,
Thank you for your understanding so much.
We will send you the link to withdraw the negative feedback, could you please click it and slove it for us asap?
The refund will be offered as soon as the feedback is changed into positive 5 satrs, the ebay will inform us automatically.
You can also tell us after you change it.
Thank you for your patience and understanding again.
We sincerely apologize for bothering you so much again.
Your kindly help and support would be pretty appreciated.
Hope all is well with you !
Best regards.
sincerely yours,

Dear laguna4me,

Hello dear friend,
Thank you for your understanding so much.
We will send you the link to withdraw the negative feedback, could you please click it and slove it for us asap?
The refund will be offered as soon as the feedback is changed into positive 5 satrs, the ebay will inform us automatically.
You can also tell us after you change it.
Thank you for your patience and understanding again.
We sincerely apologize for bothering you so much again.
Your kindly help and support would be pretty appreciated.
Hope all is well with you !
Best regards.
sincerely yours,

- eshop0909

Pet Puppy Hoodies Shirt Coat Dog Print Clothes Costume Apparel T-Shirt Tops USA   Pet Puppy Hoodies Shirt Coat Dog P  Price: $3.19 You've committed to buy this item Item ID: 152182916045   Pay now    

We scan messages to enforce policies. Only purchases on eBay are covered by the eBay purchase protection programs. Asking your trading partner to complete a transaction outside of eBay is not allowed.

Email reference id: [#a07-ialajxf3nk#]_[#3123bb9ec69f40bd8da78d8ce23a0f3f#]

We don't check this mailbox, so please don't reply to this message. If you have a question, go to Help & Contact.

eBay sent this message to gary sward (laguna4me). Learn more about account protection. eBay is committed to your

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

refunds

Did you receive a refund? If you did the only other option is to contact eBay about the message.

Sunny

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

refunds

Calling to 'report them' will accomplish absolutely nothing at all, nor will it solve anything.  There is simply no point in doing so.  The common perception is that Chinese sellers are rarely, if ever sanctioned for such things. 

This is old trick.  Do NOT revise your FB.  If they don't refund here, you can try PP later.

Considering your other many Negs given to sellers, you may want to look closer at sellers' histories when trying to buy items.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

refunds

@chrysylys,

eBay does take action on feedback extortion. There is no way for us to know what action is taken since eBay will not disclose this.

Sunny

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

refunds

Thank You

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

refunds

SUNNY..

Well  if is the BUYER who  commits the extortion--then we do know what happens.  If that buyer tries to  leave a  Negative--then Ebay will  block or  remove that  Negative.--from  the Seller's Record.Smiley Indifferent

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

refunds

The feedback extortion policy is applied to all members.

Sunny

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

refunds

@laguna4me wrote:

I did not receive an item i bought (after 2 months waiting) so i requested a refund. i also gave the co. a low rating(which they deserved). i then got a mail from them stating that if i retract my low rating for 5 stars they would refund my money after the new rating was posted. isnt that extortion???? "well trade your refund (which i am in titled if you 1st give a a 5 star rating -which they are not entitled) unamused

If you are having negative experiences when buying internationally, you might want to reconsider your buying habits.  Opening too many cases (not making wise buying decisions) can cost you your MBG coverage and possibly your buying privileges.  Vet your sellers and the listing, read feedback comments, before buying.  Part of your buyer's due diligence.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

refunds

Yes, that is feedback extortion.  

Message 11 of 11
latest reply