cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Free shipping" showing on purchase history page when shipping is not free

This may be a better question for the seller forum, but I encountered it as a buyer and thought I'd try here first.

I recently purchased an item, and when I saw it on my "Purchase History" page it indicated that shipping would be free.  Since I didn't remember the item having free shipping I checked the auction page and, sure enough, the shipping charges were listed.  When I went to pay for the item, the correct shipping charges were added as "additional seller charges" (or something like that).

I'm mostly curious about why this happened.  Also, if there is an easy way to fix this for the seller then I'd appreciate the info so I can pass it along.  I normally wouldn't care much about stuff like this but I can see this causing issues for the seller.  I have been buying from them for a while and would like to help if possible.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I was reading a post a few weeks ago where some people were saying an item showed free shipping on the search page, but when they went to the listing page, shipping wasn't free.

I think it was a glitch in the mobile app that caused the error. If you are using a mobile device, that might be why.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@kensgiftshop

"I was reading a post a few weeks ago where some people were saying an item showed free shipping on the search page, but when they went to the listing page, shipping wasn't free.

I think it was a glitch in the mobile app that caused the error. If you are using a mobile device, that might be why."

Thank you for the reply!  I noticed this while on my laptop, so it wasn't an app issue for me. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@kevhael,

Over the last several months we've seen several topics on this very subject. However, we've not yet been able to get anyone to come back and explain further or post screen shot pages so we know what exactly happened. 

As far as I know yours is the first topic that mentioned the invoice had shipping listed as "additional seller fees/charges" A screen shot of the PayPal invoice would really go a long way towards explaining things.  It might also help if you tell us where either the item is located and / or where the seller's feedback profile says they are registered. 

If you received an invoice with additional charges, that should be reportable by opening the listing and using the report listing button. 

One more thing that might help would be to read everything on the listing to see if in the small print somewhere, the seller says something about shipping costs being added for some reason Such as; if an auction end price was not above a certain amount, or if this is a multi variation listing that only the higher priced item had free shipping, not the .99cent item.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@mudshark61369

"Over the last several months we've seen several topics on this very subject. However, we've not yet been able to get anyone to come back and explain further or post screen shot pages so we know what exactly happened. 

As far as I know yours is the first topic that mentioned the invoice had shipping listed as "additional seller fees/charges" A screen shot of the PayPal invoice would really go a long way towards explaining things.  It might also help if you tell us where either the item is located and / or where the seller's feedback profile says they are registered. 

If you received an invoice with additional charges, that should be reportable by opening the listing and using the report listing button. 

One more thing that might help would be to read everything on the listing to see if in the small print somewhere, the seller says something about shipping costs being added for some reason Such as; if an auction end price was not above a certain amount, or if this is a multi variation listing that only the higher priced item had free shipping, not the .99cent item."

I'll definitely review the listing again to see if I missed anything.  I'll also try to find something of which I can take a snapshot so that I can help with solving this issue.  The final invoice is what I expected it to be so I don't feel a need to report the listing, but thank you for the advice  : )

I'm falling asleep at my desk at this point, but I'll check back in tomorrow.  Thanks for the reply and for providing some guidance on how I can help put this issue to rest!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@mudshark61369

The seller got back to me and everything has been sorted out.  Unfortunately, I was not able to find anything of which I could take a snapshot, though from what I can tell the issue I encountered likely differs from what has been posted about over the past few months.  I do appreciate the reply, and I'll definitely keep this in mind in case I encounter anything like this issue in the future (so that I can take some snapshots just in case).

Apologies for the false alarm, and thanks again for the reply!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply