Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Change Automatic PayPal Payment Type?

I don’t mind this automatic payment when the offer if accepted, too much. Will it take into account, the shipping discounts that sellers give, after the first item? Also, i noticed that with the automatic Payment, PayPal used my bank account, rather ...

Activity on your account isn’t following policy:

I received this weird and incomplete email from eBay. This is the second time, and none of the reps I have spoken to have been helpful. The email below is exactly what I have received twice now with missing sections and many incomplete portions!? I p...

Resolved! Question about monthly payments on auctions

I have a question regarding paying for a purchase via installments. How does this work in the sense of can it be on any auction? Over a certain price? Is it up to the seller? I know I purchased something last year that I made four payments on, but ca...

Resolved! Health products

As I understand, the sale of expired food and health items is disallowed per ebay policy. I also believe that there was a time in which sellers were required to show the expiration date in listings. At this time, the only policy I've found is for foo...

Another victim of "Issue with buyer's shipping address"

This happened twice in last 2 weeks. Buyers couldn't fulfill the order and yet cancelled due to "Issue with buyer's shipping address" I live in US and both sellers are also in US One seller said he could not find the remote - order is incomplete due ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 13 replies
  • 1 helpful

Best search terms for Canadian sellers

How can I use search terms that give me only sellers in Canada that ship from Canadian addresses ? I have tried several different ways but end up with mostly US sellers and the unholy shipping rates and border fees. Amazon.ca is simple, I don't find ...

How to speak to a Live eBay support person or Chat

I am extremely frustrated and have exhausted all of my search options to allow speaking to a live person or even an actual live chat option. I'm trying to reach a department that handles purchasing warranty when you buy an expensive product online wh...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 3 replies
  • 1 helpful

Resolved! Why was payment was taken without my knowledge as soon as an offer was accepted? Is this new?

I made an offer on an item and an hour later when I checked back, the offer had been accepted and the item had already been charged to my credit card. I was going to pay anyways but this had never happened to me before I always had the option to choo...

Resolved! What does ITAD have to do with me as a buyer?

One e-bay seller mentioned ITAD in his ad. I sent a question as I had never heard of such. His answer was "Its an itad reference table for grading laptops". So far, my research tells me it is meaningless to me as a buyer. So does ITAD affect me in an...

Scam where item is shipped to another address and lack of eBay customer support.

I have read a few posts on scams where people send to the wrong address. Unfortunately it just happened to me and eBay has not been helpful. Typical case, the price of the item is too good to be true and the seller just opened his account. But I thou...

Cannot purchase as seller is on vacation

Hi, folks. I’m not sure @ all if I’m in the right place, but, here I am. I’m not an eBay seller—just a lowly buyer. That said, I have been having difficulties putting items in my cart (it’s not full) because a message pops up that says: “cannot buy d...

problem with back button on item page

when going thru individual items, the bak button is not working. this causes me to go back to the sectiom home page and start another search from the beginning instead of just going back to the iyem listing and continuing on to the next item. Also at...

No confirmation email for guest???

So today I made 3 separate transactions, the first of which was processed as a guest, and the other two signed in as it wouldn't let me be a guest again for some reason. I received confirmation emails for the two transactions made signed in, but not ...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 10 replies
  • 1 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors