Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Was it fraud or just normal ?

I recently bought something off EBay for almost $200. About 1 day afterwards I go to message the seller because the product hadn’t shipped yet. My messages wouldn’t send and when I check the account, it say “oops no internet connection”. So it looks ...

DEGRADED image quality

Is anyone else having problems with the BLURRY images in eBay's new item photograph format? What are you seeing when you click the "expand image" arrows in the upper right corner of the new and improved BLURRY image?

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! I think I've been scammed

I won an auction on Sunday, paid for it and today it doesn't exist. Item number 155831982449 It was for a:Lowrance HDS 7 Live + Active Imaging 3-n-1 That is a type of sonar fish finder. I won the auction for $406 and paid $435.44 with tax. When I go ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Fraud alert! Bought a fake gold bar on Ebay.

The packaging, look, stamps, serial number, everything looked so perfect. It's gold plated, non magnetic, same weight, same length and with only 1 tell. It's thicker than gold so the weight will match. After some research they sell fake bars in the e...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Reclaiming sales tax collected by eBay

I started a new business and then did a very noob thing - I purchased a bunch of items for resale without realizing I should have been exempt from sales tax. I just submitted all my forms and documentation to eBay to get my exemption, but is there an...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

fuel tank 22-08 592-94102

Hi I have been very patient waiting for a reply to my last 3 messages. As you know when restoring any motorcycle it takes time and the last part to fit would be the petrol tank. You have supplied the incorrect fuel tank. you state it is for a BSA lig...

User avatar by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

How does GSP work?

I bought an item from the UK (live in the US). How does GSP shipping work? If I understand correctly I get 2 tracking numbers. One to the eBay hub. Then another UPAA tracking number to my house? thank you

Seller did not pay postage USPS

I purchased a front lip for a car and it was shipped through USPS. The tracking went from "out for delivery" to "pickup at local post office." When I went to the post office, I found out I owed over $150 in unpaid postage. The part itself cost around...

Resolved! Buyer's Sales Tax Calculation

Greetings. As I understand it the eBay sales tax calculations are based off the buyer's state. I am in Florida and our sales tax rate is 6%. However I went to make an offer on a item today and the calculated sales tax came back at 8.2%. I contacted t...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Seller used fake photos, I requested a refund, now they privately messaged me.

Seller used stolen photos for a listing, I clearly noticed when I opened the package. I immediately asked for a refund, providing proof the item did not match what was advertised at all. Seller offered me an $8 refund on a $76ish product because they...

Leaving feedback for a cenceled iteam

The seller canceled the iteam because they did not get enough for itI can not leave feedback because the iteam dose not show up as one of my purchases Is there anything I can do about it hear? or is this just totally in the favour of the seller and I...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

I bough and paid for iteam but no responce for seller

So once again the seller did not get enough for the iteam, and would not give me his address so I could collect it. I paid him though the ebay system instead of cash on collection like a normal person would do in the event he could not cancel the ite...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 2 replies
  • 1 helpful

Make Offer Without Giving Access To Credit Card ??

A couple of years back, my Credit Card was Hacked, via eBay/Paypal.It took a couple of months to get my funds returned, & I had to change to a new CC & had to change all of my passwords associated with eBay & Paypal.My bank instructed me to NEVER all...

User avatar by Guide
  • 29 replies
  • 11 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors