Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Buying something I didn’t buy?

I had recently bought a pair of shoes through a seller that is hacked but eBay’s authenticity gaurenteed, when I go to my orders online it shows a bobble head with a different order number (I did not prefer this, I purchased shoes) but In the app it ...

Seller shipped to wrong address

Recently I made a holiday purchase. I received a tracking number and tracked the package from origin into my city where it was confirmed delivered by the Post Office. However, it was not delivered to my ebay address of record. I contacted the Post Of...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

USPS asking for $128 more for delivery!

I recently purchased Christmas decorations for $250 with an additional $55 for shipping. USPS tried delivering the box today but it’s requiring an additional $128. I have never seen this before. What can I do?

A typical buying scam.

Here is how a dishonest seller will scam you.You buy a high price item.It is sent via USPS using the correct tracking number but sent to another address in your city.The tracking information shows that it arrived to you, but it never did.If you react...

Buyers - Automatic Payment Method

Lately, I have been reading the message boards more frequently to gain knowledge for selling. And I have been a buyer and seller on eBay for some time. I have always paid for my orders. Just today I sent an offer to a seller who has enabled the autom...

Shipping charges

I charged by the Post Office for insufficient postage on a package that was shipped in correctly by the seller. The tried to ship a golf club as Media Material because it was the cheapest way to ship. Local Post Office flagged it, opened it, and adde...

Lost a lot of confidence in ebay? I have.

I have been an e-bayer since the late 90's or early 2000's. Consumer support is not good. I find myself shopping on Amazon more and more. This is directly related to my consumer experience with ebay. Has anyone else had experiences that have made you...

Rembolso

Saludos les es que por qué compré un artículo el 30 de noviembre y es 11 de enero y no ha llegado necesito mi dinero devuelta

Community policing

It's fairly obvious that Ebay cannot police the millions of listings on its site for scammers, fakes, etc. There are many buyers and sellers in ebay that are real experts in their area of specialty, and any legitimate buyer/seller doesn't like to see...

Seller just disappeared.

I sell and buy on ebay but this is about a seller that took my money and then disappeared. She won't answer my messages and I never got my purchase. She had a 100% feedback so I can't figure this out. It's $42 that I'd like to have back but what else...

Envelope tore in post, delivered an empty envelope

I ordered several items to be delivered to a post box in New York State, just over the border. Among them was an item bought Oct 18. When I went to pick up my items just before Christmas, one envelope was torn and empty. It had been taped over but ha...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Missing parts

I recently bought a sit and squat stool which had 3 of its anti-skid pads missing. Seller refuses to send me pads and has offered me $8 refund. Original price was $13.95 The stool is useless without the anti-skid pads so I want a full refund. Am I be...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors