cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I getting this? Contact info is not allowed in eBay messages. Please remove it and try again.

I am trying to ask a seller about an item, please refer to the enclosed screenshot.

I get a message about "contact information not allowed in Ebay messages".

Well there isn't any. I tried a few times and I get the same message.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Why am I getting this? Contact info is not allowed in eBay messages. Please remove it and try again.

I recieved the same advisement, for an innocuous e-mail I sent. I finally typed out the e-mail, took a screen shot of it, and attached it as a photo. It then went through fine.  You have to put a few words in the letter, like "Per attached photo" or some such thing.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Ebay has recently stepped up their detection software and many have reported receiving a message when the message they wanted to send was completely

innocuous (there was nothing in the message to warrant the warning).  Certain things may trigger the message and it is now very sensitive.

If you send it, it should go through.

Good Luck.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

@idocsteve,

Your message is pronably being bolcked because of an eBay bot that doesn't like the word "Com" in messages, even though it is part of the word computer.  Try substituting receiving unit for computer. 

Beyond the message, have you looked at the seller's feedback? For a low volume seller, a 99% rating is not very good. 3 negs and a neut in the last year.

However, if you decide to bid, you are protected by the money back guarantee (MBG) his stating As Is, does not let him out of the fact he said it was still working before.  His Nor Return Policy does not fly if the item does not work. I would be asking him for photos of the batery compartment. If the old battery is still in there it could have leaked by now. I will not buy from sellers who are too cheap and or lazy to buy a battery to test an item.  You are buying dive equipment which you are trusting will work properly. If it doesn't, you could be shark bait.

Leaky BCD, two problematic regs, and a pressure guage issue with another computer. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Mudshark

I was considering buying the transmitter, testing it on one of my dive computers and if working, relisting it as "tested known working" and guaranteed which will fetch a price between $150-200.

My guess is most bidders will pass on this transmitter because of the sellers "no return" policy as well as the 3 negative feedbacks for other dive gear.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

I sent a shorter message without the word computer and it worked, thanks.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@idocsteve  Get rid of the word "purchase" and "accept" and try again.  If this is a pre-purchase correspondence eBay guards against Buyers & Sellers going outside eBay to complete a transaction.  Try some synonyms.  Or phrase the question differently.  As for a return, the Seller's listing should list their Return Policy ... for example, 14 Days, 30 Days , No Returns, etc.   

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@idocsteve,

I'd still ask to see photos of the battery compartment. Considering the sellers replies to feedback, sounds they will fight against a SNAD dispute. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

The seller replied to me:

"Sorry at this price there is no refund offered. I will list another one at $150 and offer a refund on that one. Thanks for asking."

If the seller intends to list another, working, guaranteed transmitter at higher cost, then he's able to test the one he's selling cheap.

I suspect the transmitter is nonworking and the seller knows it, and I'll end up in a dispute over this, not worth the hassle. . The whole thing sounds suspicious.

Thanks for the replies.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

And that sounds like the response of a prudent buyer!

Coffee is my friend.

T&S Tool #10mm ratchet
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@idocsteve wrote:

The seller replied to me:

"Sorry at this price there is no refund offered." 

The seller has it listed as "Used in working condition" he has no choice but to refund and send you a return shipping label if it is defective.

Many sellers play the "I can't test it " game knowing that the device is beyond repair.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@repairelectronics

We had some back and forth where I called him a scammer and he called me an idiot and an A-Hole who doesn't know what he's talking about. He also contradicts himself by saying he has another, known working transmitter that he will be listing for $150, and he also says (in the message) that the one he is selling cheap,  he "bought it on Ebay as a backup and never tried it". Yeah ok. First of all he says in the listing that it was working, and if he has a second transmitter than he can certainly test the cheap transmitter which he wants people to believe that he never even tested after he bought it on Ebay initially.

So he knows it doesn't work, and he fully intends to rip off the unsuspecting buyer.

He's already got several bids on it. I would even consider bidding on it just to win it and then dispute it when it doesn't work but it would be a waste of my time.

Here's his contradictory message:

"Actually the one came off my computer watch combo and I know it works but the watch is now broken. The other one I bought on ebay as a back up and never tried it so I have to be honest in my auctions, so I can't guarantee it works. If it works someone will be getting a great deal.

So you are wrong in your comments to me. Also, I only have a few negative comments out of hundreds because of idiots like you that don't read my comments and/or assume what they want to think is true without the facts. So Please, do not buy anything from me now or in the future. I don't need any headaches from A__holes like you! People like you are the reason eBay has a bad rap.

Please don't comment back I promise I won't read your comments. I don't need to read any more insults."

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

It is a good bet that after that message exchange, he put you on his block list.  And in this case, that is a good thing for you.  If he did, it was unintentionally a big favor to you, saving you the hassles of dealing with him ever again, just in case you got tempted to give it a shot anyway.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

I just got a warning message as well, I saw an item WAY overpriced and messaged the the seller to tell him he had overpriced the item. the item is still for sale at  1/3 of his price at the companys website. I thought he didnt know that or something. it was just an FYI message. I am not buying or selling anything  from him. then I got a warning message that I was trying to sell off of the ebay site. that is **bleep**!

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

can you use he word comunicate? that has com in it... this is just wrong....

Message 15 of 16
latest reply