cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Exactly Can't I leave Negative Feedback for a Deadbeat Bidder?

This new feedback change is **bleep**. I get 2 no pay bidders this week and Ebay wastes another week of my time with their resolution bullsh#t basically locking up my item and not allowing me to do anything with it. Now I can't even leave negative feedback after it's all said and done? Are we now worried about offending these poor little deadbeat bidders?  What a joke.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

New feedback change? It has been this way for nearly 10 years! Just because buyers don't pay you doesn't mean they won't pay hundreds of other sellers. Too many bad sellers abused the privilege.

Ebay gives you the tools to stop this behavior cold. Sell Fixed Price with Immediate Payment Required. If you choose not to list that way at least make sure your bidder blocks are set to block any bidder with more than one UID in the last year.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Yep, it's not new. It's been in place since May, 2008. As mentioned, you can file the UID and set your seller preferences to prevent anyone with 2 or more strikes against them from even bidding/buying. Much more reliable than leaving feedback since if someone BINs or snipes, there's no time to look at feedback.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

"Too many bad sellers abused the privilege"

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth,

Cmon now T*dog,  you know as well as anybody, ebay made up that story, to cover their intention of making buyer's feel warm and fuzzy, even those who were non payers. 

And if it was about abuse of the system, how come it took ebay two years after the `08 policy change to introduce a feedback extortion policy.  Once the no negs for buyers policy became well known. Those same protected buyers started really abusing the system, not just not payoig if they didn't feel like it, or leaving unjustified feedback, but extorting partial or full refunds. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@mudshark61369

No, Ebay did not make it up. It happened to me and many other buyers on the boards. Those stories were rampant and only became worse when Ebay instituted mutual withdrawal which gave sellers even MORE of an incentive to neg innocent buyers. It was even suggested on the boards, even when the seller was at fault.

Come on, you've been reading here a long time. How often do we see sellers complaining about bad buyers when it turns out the seller caused their own problem. How many of those innocent buyers would have been negged? All of them.

Why did Ebay continue to allow bad buyers (most of whom were other sellers) to take down good sellers? I dunno. You'd have to ask them. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

No transaction = no payment = no feedback

". . . basically locking up my item and not allowing me to do anything with it. "

You can relist at any time. No need to wait for an NPR to close. Advisable, not mandatory.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

When do these decade-old policies stop being “new”.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

When do these decade-old policies stop being “new”.

when they get replaced with a newer 'new' polocy!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I don't sell much (here) anymore but I rarely get non-payers with my blocks set anyway. I wish more sellers would just give them their strikes instead of obsessing so much over feedback. If deadbeats have only two strikes then we never even have to know they were here.

@re-use-electronic  Assuming you have your blocks set up, check out your Blocked bid Log. Usually ALL of them are for UPI strikes. As someone mentioned, this doesn't stop fixed price buyers but if you have to do auctions this really weeds them out. Unless we check our log they don't even exist.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@annadryl,

"Assuming you have your blocks set up, check out your Blocked bid Log. Usually ALL of them are for UPI strikes. As someone mentioned, this doesn't stop fixed price buyers but if you have to do auctions this really weeds them out".

What was written before was,  Negative feedback didn't stop those using Buy It Now (BIN)  or snipers from being able to bid/buy, because sellers didn't have the time to check them out.  Whereas filing UIDs and giving nonpayers strikes, do stop those with 2 strikes if a seller has their Buyer requirements set up, no matter if they try to snipe or buy.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

ebay made up that story, to cover their intention of making buyer's feel warm and fuzzy, even those who were non payers. 

Not a made up story - I know you've been around long enought to remember those days.   Buyers neg sellers (for good reason), sellers retaliate by negging the buyer "just because".

That being said, I wish ebay would come up with some sort of non paying buyer notification but we all know that isn't going to happen either.

I saw that...

~KARMA
Message 11 of 11
latest reply