cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens if I bought an Item from a Scammer?

I bought an item from a seller, the item arrived completely broken. I sent photos and a video to the seller showing them how the item arrived.

The seller asked to double check the item to make sure that it was broken, I did, I took more photos and sent them with the video again to them.

Several days late I got a message saying that I can keep the broken item and they will refund 8 Euros out of the 40 Euros I paid for the item.

I do not need a broken Item, it does not work, it is of no use to me. I want a full refund and I want the seller to send a courier to pick it up. Why would I want to keep a broken item? I want a full refund and I want this item gone from my house.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

So, go to the Resolution Center and open a case for ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED.

Seller must pay return shipping.

Do not close the case until you have your refund no matter what the seller might tell you.

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

File as you suggested too.  Lol, ill give you 8 euros out of the 40 you spent.  Lets see how that goes over.

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Take the photos that you took, go to the Resolution Center and pick I receved an item that does not match the seller's description. Follow the direction to return the item and get your money back.  Add your photos to the case.

The seller will have to pay return shipping. Once tracking shows that the item arrived back at the seller's address. They will have to refund your money. If they don't do this, have EBay step in and you will get your money back.

Also, keep all messages with this seller in the EBay messaging system. EBay may want to look at them.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You might want to familarize yourself with how Buying Protection works, for your own protection.  You need to know these things so you don't go against policy in your demands.

On almost every listing, there is the Ebay MBG logo and the words, get the item your ordered or your money back.  Includes original purchase price and shipping.

If you get a defective item, and you have contacted the seller with no resolution, you have 30 days to open a Not as Described case in the Resolution Center.

You don't decide that the item needs to be picked up by a courier or that it needs to be returned, that is not your call, that is the seller's.  If the seller requires a return, they pay for return shipping and send you a label through the case.  You pack up the item as you received it, attach the label, arrange for a pick up, and you must send it back within 5 days.

Seller may just refund you without a return.  If so, then just throw the item away.  

Message 5 of 5
latest reply