cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WORST SELLER EVER!!!

Bought a camera from this guy - only spent about $15.00 including shipping.  Item came and it didn't work.  Emailed seller.  He immediately jumped ugly with me!  Finally, after I sent video proof that the camera didn't work, he appologized and promised he'd send a replacement if I'd only close the return I'd started - as it my right as a buyer.  I held up my end of the bargain and closed it.  Never got the replacement.  So I emailed him one final time to tell him I was going to give negative feedback on him, and THIS is what he writes back to me (see attached.)  I've sold and bought on eBay for years so I know how they are very pro-buyer and very anti-seller.  Apparently this guy never got that memo.  Question - I know that as a seller I can block a buyer/bidder if I have trouble with them.  Is there a way to block a seller?  Or do I just have to call eBay and report this guy now?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

WORST SELLER EVER!!!

@payitforward67 wrote:

Bought a camera from this guy - only spent about $15.00 including shipping.  Item came and it didn't work.  Emailed seller.  He immediately jumped ugly with me!  Finally, after I sent video proof that the camera didn't work, he appologized and promised he'd send a replacement if I'd only close the return I'd started - as it my right as a buyer.  I held up my end of the bargain and closed it.  Never got the replacement.  So I emailed him one final time to tell him I was going to give negative feedback on him, and THIS is what he writes back to me (see attached.)  I've sold and bought on eBay for years so I know how they are very pro-buyer and very anti-seller.  Apparently this guy never got that memo.  Question - I know that as a seller I can block a buyer/bidder if I have trouble with them.  Is there a way to block a seller?  Or do I just have to call eBay and report this guy now?

payitforward67,

My advice to you is as follows:

Since you say you sold and bought on eBay for years, do yourself a favour and separate your buying and selling activities with separate eBay IDs so as to prevent retaliation from sellers for which you have left (justifiable) negative feedback.

Furthermore, if you have a bad buying experience on eBay, never and I mean never close a case with eBay until after it has been resolved to your satisfaction. Don’t ever agree to any seller promises of them “making things right” if you close the case first. As an eBay buyer, the seller makes things right first, THEN you close the case.

Also, never and I mean never mention feedback in any communication with your seller since a disreputable seller could contact eBay and try to have any negative feedback you leave removed.

There really isn’t an effective way of “blocking” an eBay seller. If that seller is sending you inappropriate messages, there use to be, as far as I knew, a way to report the messages to eBay. If there is no longer those means, just delete those messages and make sure that you place the seller’s user ID on your Blocked Bidder List to prevent them from buying from you. Do keep in mind though that even doing so will not prevent them from using another ID to get around your block

Godzilla_Goose

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

WORST SELLER EVER!!!

You shouldn't have closed the case.  There was no holding up your end of the bargain.  

You don't theaten negative feedback.  Seller can get that removed because of your threat.  You never mention feedback when dealing with a problem.

Sorry, you can't block a seller.  You can avoid doing business with them by remembering their id, but most likely, you won't need to because  you have already been blocked.  If seller shares his BBL, then you are blocked by others as well.

I don't think it is entirely accurate to say Ebay is anti seller.  True, they have policies that favor buyers, but without sellers, what will you be buying?  

I'm sorry but for your own protection, you need an understanding of Ebay policies and procedures, particularly as to handling any issues, and Buyer Protection.  

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

WORST SELLER EVER!!!

Sorry about your experience. I too was just ripped off by seller. After taking my money he never shipped. I contacted him and he said it was reshipped and never was sent. Would not give me tracking information either. I hate that sellers can be so dishonest on eBay . Wish there was a way to stop these thieves.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

WORST SELLER EVER!!!

Hi globalcare727

It is best you start your own thread as this one is old and people will respond to the first post. 

If the item is not received by the due date indicated on your purchase, file an item not received claim with ebay.  DO not close it until you get your money back, no matter what the seller promises.

If the seller has dragged this out past the deadline to file an Item not received with ebay, you have 180 days to file with paypal.  The seller has to prove proof of delivery to either  ebay or paypal depending on where you make your claim.  If you did not pay with paypal, you cam file with your credit card if that is how you paid.

Good luck

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

WORST SELLER EVER!!!

Funny how people can dig up posts from over a year ago but I can't see my own listings from 6 months ago.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

WORST SELLER EVER!!!

https://community.ebay.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/user-id/5213344/page/20

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

WORST SELLER EVER!!!

Those aren't my listings.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

WORST SELLER EVER!!!

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here: https://community.ebay.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/bidding-buying-db.

Thanks.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply