Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post

Viewing best offer history

Viewing best offer history

stevescho
Trailblazer

How do I see best offer history?  I used to be able to see that.  I asked the question before but looks like someone moved my question and it got no reply so I'll ask it again.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Viewing best offer history

in reply to May 24, 2015 11:12:38 AM
tarpedge
Guide
Message 2 of 10

in reply to May 24, 2015 11:14:53 AM
tarpedge
Guide
Message 3 of 10

in reply to May 24, 2015 11:20:13 AM
buyfeybelle
Rockstar

Wells since you didn't get any answers, I will give you a guess. Smiley Happy

I think they only keep the offers for 31 days unless you delete them. Used to be under Didn't win I believe.

Message 4 of 10

in reply to May 25, 2015 1:10:37 PM
stevescho
Trailblazer

Not my best offers, any best offer.  I used to see that, with whether declined, expired, and all that.   It never gave the amount of the offer, however.   How do I see what's going on with a best offer item, whether it has had any offers?

Message 5 of 10

in reply to May 25, 2015 1:23:07 PM
buyfeybelle
Rockstar

stevescho wrote:

Not my best offers, any best offer.  I used to see that, with whether declined, expired, and all that.   It never gave the amount of the offer, however.   How do I see what's going on with a best offer item, whether it has had any offers?

afaik that only works on items listed as multiples. Just click on the link that says 5 (or however many) Sold up by Quantity.

For a listing with only a quantity of 1, maybe someone else can help because I've never seen that available on them.

Message 6 of 10

in reply to Jun 2, 2015 1:25:34 PM

I was wondering the same thing and came here hoping for some answers. I sell mostly vintage and estate things so I don't often have multipes of anything, and, up until recently, have always been able to clink on the More Actions icon where the drop down would offer another option to check offer history. It's gone now. Smiley Mad   Very frustrating.

I don't know if it's a glich or yet another ebay so called "improvement"... 

Message 7 of 10

in reply to Jun 2, 2015 2:43:14 PM
kvonfischer
Adventurer

It would be nice to know if user views of a best offer current or history of an item is not in use anynore.  There were a couple of items I could have made an offer on but didn't because there were a lot of watchers and I was afraid it would show up as a pending offer and someone would just buy it out from under me.  Now I'm not so sure and can comfortably make my reasonable offers.  I've also noticed a lot of people watch but don't end up buying the item during the time it's listed anyway.

Message 8 of 10

in reply to Jun 2, 2015 2:44:57 PM
fuzzface50
Rockstar

a few options here.

first, i was told if you sign into ebay canada, you can see the best offer prices on the USA site. i never did it that way, so i'm not sure if it still works like that or not.

Second, the way i do it is input the item number at watchcount and they will show the accepted price there.

Third way that i almost forgot is they say if you hit the print tab, it will show, not sure, never did it that way.

4th, if a close estimate is good enough than change the sort order to highest first and see where it shows up in the selling list and it would have sold between those numbers. for example when you look it up, change sort by to highest price, find your item with the cross out price lets say the crossout price is $225.00 and look at the item above it and say it reads $200.00 and then look at the item under it and let say it reads $175.00, then that item listed at $225 best offer actually sold for between $175.00 and $200.00.

But don't forget because that seller accepted that best offer doesn't mean they will accept that same bid from you or someone else.

For example if a person that likes to negs offer 95% of the best offer price, the seller might say no but accept an 80% of the best offer from someone else that has a habit of always leaving good feedback.  Other variabls could be shipping distance(think free shipping and/or fragile items), repeat customer, bulk buyer, toolhaus rating, time of month, does seller all of a sudden need money, etc too many variables so that is why they try hiding it because it might make the offerer mad because the seller accepted the same offer or lower one from someone else then them.

Message 9 of 10

in reply to Jul 8, 2016 9:06:10 AM
greatestauctionever
Adventurer

stevescho wrote:

How do I see best offer history?  I used to be able to see that.  I asked the question before but looks like someone moved my question and it got no reply so I'll ask it again.

You must be new... Here at eBay, things don't improve, features don't get added and technology doesn't advance with the rest of the world.

Conditions only get worse here, features are removed to level the playing feild between smart people and stupid people, and the interface is intentionally crippled so senior citizens buy the junk that china sells. In the future, you won't be able to contact sellers, see their feedback comments, or how many trasactions they've made because it's a "violation of privacy".

THIS IS EBAY!!!

Someone like you who is able to use "best offer" data to guage how much interest an item has, gives you an unfair advantage against senior citizens who cannot process that data. It also adds more unecessarry cluster do an interface that seniors find confusing. We're moving toward an interface where the only thing you can click on is a "BUY IT NOW" button.

Message 10 of 10