cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to provide negative feedback

Yesterday I purchased an item, promptly paid, and then was emailed by the seller who informed me that the price was a "mistake", asking me to either pay the difference, accept an alternate, much inferior product or accept a refund. I contacted eBay who indicated that I should accept the refund if the first two options were unacceptable, but that I would have the opportunity to provide feedback. When I did, the automated system refused to accept my negative feedback, instead entering it as positive and now I cannot change it - How pathetic!

How come a seller can get away with not honoring their sale, and yet buyers cannot complain - What a sham!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@canuck279 wrote:

When I did, the automated system refused to accept my negative feedback, instead entering it as positive

No, that didn't happen.  Whatever happened is either a glitch or user error.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

It does look like an error though.  That one was priced at $90 while all the others I can find are considerably higher, some over $300

I'm not sure I would buy a 'Leagoo' brand though, whatever it might be.

OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@canuck279,

Depending on exactly how the seller's message was written you may have lost the ability to leave a negative feedback. If the message said, pay the difference, accept substitute, or  cancel the sale and get a refund and you chose to cancel the sale, then you lost the ability to leave a negative feedback.  You cannot leave a negative if you agree to cancel a sale. 

If you did not agree to cancel the sale but accepted a refund, you could have left a negative by going through the feedback forum, though you have to wait 7 days to leave nonpositive feedback for a power seller. 

Did you really think you would receive a quality device (marketed under 3 brand names I could find) with a real Android licensed system, and a Samsung camera for $89?   Nowhere in the listing is a warranty mentioned either.  The seller not selling you the phone did you a favor. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@mudshark61369 wrote:

though you have to wait 7 days to leave nonpositive feedback for a power seller. 

That's what I was thinking, though that would fall under 'user error' for not reading and waiting.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I’ve never heard of anyone losing the ability to leave a negative if they cancel. Is that a thing? People leave negatives for cancelled sales all the time.

i know ebay removes the links to easily leave any feedback but I’ve never heard of them blocking nonpositives.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@mudshark61369 wrote:

@canuck279,

Depending on exactly how the seller's message was written you may have lost the ability to leave a negative feedback. If the message said, pay the difference, accept substitute, or  cancel the sale and get a refund and you chose to cancel the sale, then you lost the ability to leave a negative feedback.  You cannot leave a negative if you agree to cancel a sale. 

If you did not agree to cancel the sale but accepted a refund, you could have left a negative by going through the feedback forum, though you have to wait 7 days to leave nonpositive feedback for a power seller. 

Did you really think you would receive a quality device (marketed under 3 brand names I could find) with a real Android licensed system, and a Samsung camera for $89?   Nowhere in the listing is a warranty mentioned either.  The seller not selling you the phone did you a favor. 

Wow this horrible inaccurate! The sellers message has absolutely nothing to do with the ability to leave feedback. It does not matter why the transaction was cancelled, what the sellers message said or whether the buyer accepts the cancellation or not. Feedback can be left on all cancelled transactions, period. eBay just makes it difficult by removing the feedback link. You have to go here https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/leave_feedback? to the feedback forum to leave feedback. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@mudshark61369 wrote:

@canuck279,

Please stop posting false information about buyers’ options for feedback. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply