cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS at it again, Confused what to do, help

I ordered a polypro hula hoop on the 14th, which the expected delivery was on the 20th of this month. This isn't the first run around issues regarding USPS and understand the delay is not in any way the Sellers fault. I am starting to become concerned however, with the package being stuck (In Transit) for going on 3 days now. It has not budged at all from its status and after opening a lost package claim through USPS yesterday morning, there is still no update today. Hopefully this arrives on Monday, but if it doesn't what should I do? I've ordered from this Seller before and have received things with no issue, but since this started taking place they have became kinda silent. The response I received felt almost like a shoulder shrug to the issue, rather than doing something on their end. I've called USPS, but getting ahold of a human rather than a bot is nearly impossible with wait times being sometimes an hour or being hung up before the call even goes through. Advice?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Wait until the last estimated delivery date and file item not received claim
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

It has already passed the estimated delivery by two days, tomorrow being the third. Apologies if I didn't completely understand this. I want to give the seller time and to remain a fair buyer, but what is the best way to do this? They appear to be shrugging their shoulders, from the feeling I got in their only message "I don't know, this has never happened before." rather than doing something on their end, as I've done in attempts to get the package moving. I've contacted them twice, once yesterday and today with no response..so I'm worried they are avoiding me. There has been no reason given, as my messages have been kind, patient, not spamming and just wanting them to reach out to USPS. Is this going to result in having to use Paypal, to resolve the issue? How many days should a buyer wait for the package, when it exceeds over the delivery date? Does this appear to be stuck under USPS? What would be a fair outcome of this situation? Thank you

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

I would reach out to USPS myself. You don’t need the seller to do it and the item is hardly lost. It’s just delayed, the delivery date by eBay and by USPS is always an estimate. You can sign up for tracking updates, that’s about all the seller can do as well. You have 30 days from the latest delivery estimate to file with eBay so there’s no rush. The package isn’t lost or stuck if it’s only been 3 days. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

I've contacted USPS already, opened a claim for the item being lost and called various times. Thought if the seller and buyer does the same, the package will have more of chance in moving or updating. I'll give more time like suggested, thank you for your advice. 

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

@fairpromise wrote:

Advice?

Patience.  There is no reason to be filing 'lost package' claims yet.  If it doesn't arrive by Friday of this week, then maybe.  The arrival estimates here are woefully inaccurate.  Yes, packages are often delayed, sometimes far longer than 3 days.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Thank you for the much needed advice, seriously.. I'll keep this in mind when ordering that the delivery estimates are not always accurate.  I'll give it till next Friday, before contacting USPS, thanks again..

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

As a seller, I had a very long delivery time recently to my customer.

Those "In Transit" messages aren't actual scans.  They are system generated on a daily basis if the item hasn't had an actual scan.  They started doing that last October/November.  I spoke with a supervisor at the PO the other day about the super long delivery.  He said those "In Transit" things seem to come in 3s and he really couldn't find any explanation for it (he was just as frustrated) and told me an inquiry wouldn't do anything as the package isn't considered lost yet,  It was too soon (and I was on day 14).  

If you ordered it on Saturday, the seller may not have even shipped it until the 16th (Monday).  It's not really that late yet.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

There isn't much that you can do that you haven't already done. You have 30 days from the last shipping date listed to open a case on EBay so giving it a little time won't hurt.  Also, it's really nice of you to understand that this is not the seller's fault.

I've had packages go mising before (as a buyer and not only on EBay) and the USPS is pretty much useless. I'm pretty sure they can't find their own behinds with both hands and a flashlight, let alone missing packages.

I'd give it a week then, if it still hasan't arrived, open an item not received case here on EBay.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

You already filed a report, and should subscribe to receive tracking updates.

USPS has noted the service complaint. I believe you feel that a seller can help motivate USPS to expedite delivery of this mail article,  a report has been entered into the system and so that report does already exist.

It's not the more reports that USPS receives about a particular delayed mail article, the shorter will be the delay .

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Just curious - why didn't you just go to the store and buy one?

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

The seller sold a bunch of these over the past month or so, and still no feedback?

The seller is probably just as frustrated as you.  I sold an item that usually takes no more than 3 days to be delivered.  This time it took 14!  It sat in a distribution center for 5 days and then was 'in transit' for 4 more.  My buyer reached out to me and I contacted the post office.  They told me my only option was to 'recall' the package and then re-ship!  Fortunately, my buyer was very understanding and understood that I was as unhappy as he was.  It eventually got there---14 days after shipment.  I guess it was on vacation seeing the USA!

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

HONEY..

oK you just said  the package is now two days beyond the   estimated Delivery date!    Forget  about  the  Post Office and the Seller!   It     is now time for you to file an item Not Received Dispute with  EbaySmiley Surprised

Go to the very bottom of  this page. Find the phrase "Resolution "Center"Click on that.  Then file the INR Dispute.

Within a week or so--you  will  receive   your   item or Smiley Indifferenta Refund.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply