cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling outright vs. putting something up for auction

I have several things on Ebay to sell, but when I posted it didn't give me the option of selling or putting up for auction; my only choice was auction. I would much rather have had the choice! Can I sell things without having to go through the auction process? I'm not selling enough to set up shop on Ebay.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Actually, it depends upon several factors, such as how readily available the item is and how much demand there is for it, which affects whether selling at auction or fixed price is your best option.

Of course, I'm not sure of what restrictions you may have on your selling account.  Have you fulfilled all of eBay's requirements for setting up a seller's account?

Oh!  Have you made sure you selected the right option on the listing form?  I'm not sure but auction may be the default and you have to select fixed price.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

There are a couple selling formats 
This is the quick listing format screen shot. 
Just take note that on the quick listing format you can't pick a fixed price length.
Once listed it is good until cancelled by you or sold
If you switch to Advanced form you can pick the length of you fixed price listings 
You can tell if your in quick listing by looking in the upper right hand corner for Switch To Advanced
If you switch the Fixed price will be in a different spot 

Quick form check mark the Buy it now next to auctionquick listing tool selling format 4-18.JPG

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Jewelry is best buy it now unless its rare or collectable.

Then you start bids at whatever the lowest price you would take for it.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

If you are listing on your phone, it has limited options.

Try listing on a computer if you have one.  

Using the Advanced Listing form will give you more options.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply