cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rude Seller

How do you talk to a seller who blocks your bids and prevents your email while you arte trying to explain a uinintentional mistake that you were then unfairly blocked for?  I attempted to purchase something from a seller who did exactly that even after emails explaining the innocent mistake.  I simply got him and another seller confused while I was working with both deals at the same time....next thing I know, he is blasting me in an email and I am then blocked and my emails are blocked too. 

Anyway, any assistance would be great....I just wanted to buy the stuff he had for sale.  I am not sure if there is anythig that I can do, since Ebay is quite unaffective with their policies in this area.  They really should revise the policies so as to enscourage and mandate that sellers permit buyers to purchase if Ebay acts as a mediator to work things out between the two parties, but  instead they just email and think that will work.....What do you guys think?  Do you think that Ebay is doing enough in this area to make it fair for all the buyers to be treated properly by even the most arrogant sellers???

Message 1 of 143
latest reply
142 REPLIES 142

Rude Seller

I understand you are upset, but you created this situation, sadly, by trying to juggle two different situations at once.

Sellers block to proactively prevent problematic transactions, so it was a business decision on his part, and understandable.  Your confusion regarding whom you were communicating with could result in other serious issues, such as posting bad feedback when it was not warranted, missing important points in the description, sending back an item that that seller did not sell to you, etc.  This is not a bad business move but rather a smart one.  No one needs more problems!

Personally, buyers have the choice of whom to buy from; so it is only fair that sellers have the choice of whom to sell to.  Ebay cannot force a seller to sell anymore than they can force a buyer to buy or pay. 

Seller is availing himself of his rights, and I am sorry but I don't see that as arrogant.  You have the privilege to buy, but not the right, that is dependent upong the seller's choice.  

I am a buyer.  I know you disagree with this post, but we can agree to disagree.

Sadly your actions caused this situation, and I know you don't like it, but there is too much damage a buyer can cause sellers for them to take a cavalier attitude when problems present themselves.

And yes, I think Ebay is doing enough in this area.  Buyers should extend respect and courtesy toward sellers, and take personal responsibility as well.

Message 2 of 143
latest reply

Rude Seller

Personal responsibility meaning that exercising more caution and care when communicating, and not trying to do two things at once and having that fail by confusing the two, will help ensure that you won't get in this situation for this reason again.  

And blocking isn't rude.

Sorry this happened to you; hopefully you can find what you need from another seller.

Good Luck.

Message 3 of 143
latest reply

Rude Seller

As there is nothing you can do about this.

(ran out of edit time)
Message 4 of 143
latest reply

Rude Seller

Ebay is not going to act as a mediator in these situations, the site is simply too big and there are too many members. The blocked bidder list is really the only tool available that protects sellers. I understand the situation here and I see both sides. Unfortunately for you, the seller is not required to unblock you, sell to you or communicate with you. The best thing you can do is move on to another seller. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 5 of 143
latest reply

Rude Seller

@run.coolcaddyrun1 wrote:

How do you talk to a seller who blocks your bids and prevents your email while you arte trying to explain a uinintentional mistake that you were then unfairly blocked for?  I attempted to purchase something from a seller who did exactly that even after emails explaining the innocent mistake.  I simply got him and another seller confused while I was working with both deals at the same time....next thing I know, he is blasting me in an email and I am then blocked and my emails are blocked too. 

Anyway, any assistance would be great....I just wanted to buy the stuff he had for sale.  I am not sure if there is anythig that I can do, since Ebay is quite unaffective with their policies in this area.  They really should revise the policies so as to enscourage and mandate that sellers permit buyers to purchase if Ebay acts as a mediator to work things out between the two parties, but  instead they just email and think that will work.....What do you guys think?  Do you think that Ebay is doing enough in this area to make it fair for all the buyers to be treated properly by even the most arrogant sellers???

No, I do not think that will work although they may attempt to revise the policy.  As stated, adding a buyer to a BBL is the seller's only recourse to prevent future issues that may occur.  Since you and the seller is the only privy to the messages, it is difficult to determine right/wrong.  We do not know who was arrogant or not.  

Message 6 of 143
latest reply

Rude Seller

@run.coolcaddyrun1,

As the others have written, a seller's only real protection tool is the blocked buyer list (BBL).  The seller may have blocked you not so much for the miscommunication, but because of the 10 nonpositive feedback you have left in the last year.  Of those 2 are neutrals with positive comments. 3 were for sellers with feedback ratings of 98% and lower.  On ebay the cut off point for a good high volume seller is 99.6%.  Those with a 99% or lower rating should be avoided. 

As a buyer only you will always have a 100% rating, so sellers look at the feedback you leave for other sellers, to determine if they want to deal with you.  If you accidentally leave a nonpositive for a seller you should rquest that they send you a feedback revision request.  Leaving neutral feedback admitting you misread a listing, but would buy from the seller again, makes you look bad, and most likely earned you a spot on their BBL. It is not arrogance but self preservation.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 7 of 143
latest reply

Rude Seller

As others have mentioned you getting transactions confused could means you'll get them confused down the road again thus the seller protecting himself.  Along with that if you message for the other seller was in any way negative even though it was meant for the other seller could have been seen as a concern for how you would be in a transaction with this seller 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 8 of 143
latest reply

Rude Seller

You made a mistake, and now you call the seller "arrogant" because they decided not to do business with you? And you want eBay to force them to sell to you.

Not a chance.

Message 9 of 143
latest reply

Rude Seller

You need to keep all communications respectful and professional.

Sorry but EBay does not provide you with the service that you require and you now just need to accept responsibility and move on to another seller.

Message 10 of 143
latest reply

Rude Seller

You made a mistake - caused this situation - and you think ebay should force the seller to sell to you?

This is exactly why there is a BBL and exactly why it works.

I saw that...

~KARMA
Message 11 of 143
latest reply

Rude Seller

@postingid2017 wrote:

No, I do not think that will work although they may attempt to revise the policy.  As stated, adding a buyer to a BBL is the seller's only recourse to prevent future issues that may occur.  Since you and the seller is the only privy to the messages, it is difficult to determine right/wrong.  We do not know who was arrogant or not.  

I think the OP was referring to the block as being arrogant.

Message 12 of 143
latest reply

Rude Seller

As a seller I have actually added more than a few "buyers" to my Blocked Buyers List just in the past month. One buyer cancelled their bid immediately after winning the item, another two never paid for their winning bids and two more cancelled their bids on items less than 10 hrs before they ended. THAT, I consider rude. Blocking them is for my own good.

Message 13 of 143
latest reply

Rude Seller

@bedazzled5

"another two never paid for their winning bids"
You do know you can automatically Block bidders with two or more UID strikes?

Not only your own deadbeats, but any who have stiffed other sellers as well.

Message 14 of 143
latest reply

Rude Seller

Yes I do...:)
Message 15 of 143
latest reply