Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

How to change default currency

I am traveling overseas and all the sale listings show in the local currency. I need to view the listings in USD. How do I change this to where, no matter what country I am traveling in, I always see the sales prices in USD? Thank you!

Received a package under my name that I didn't order..strange?

Today I received a package under my name that I didn't order, no one else in my family ordered either...No one in my family has anything to gain from ordering this. It's a PHONE CASE to a phone none of us own... I contacted the seller because I found...

Your payment didn't go through. Please check your payment details or select a different payment opt

Infuriating. Trying to buy with my paypal mastercard.1. The cards active. The billing address matches. The card is fine. Ive confirmed with the card issuer.2. Ive logged in/out and tried multiple browsers.3. Ive removed the card and readded it to my ...

Customs duty - US buyer purchasing from Japan

Hello everyone,I am a US buyer interested in purchasing a pre-owned Cartier ring from a seller in Japan. The ring is priced at around $600 and EBay will charge around $45 in taxes at the time of purchase. Do I have to pay customs duty for ring as wel...

How to use Boolean operators in ebay search

@curtisdamberm writes: How can I use "or" "and" and "not" in searches. I have something I want and there are dozens of lengths they come in. I want only the ones that are 28" to 36". Why can't I search **** 28 OR 30 OR 32 OR 34 OR 36. Ebay seems to o...

adult category disappeared from app?

I can't find the adult category in the app anymore. Where has it gone? And how do I find it? It used to be under the everything else category, but now its not there.

User avatar by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

What happens if i don't pay

My son bought an item without me knowing it on my account and i'm not going to pay for it. I tried to cancel it through the seller but he said no. I have no plans on paying for it. EBAY can't take money from me, correct?

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 23 replies
  • 1 helpful

FB Marketplace to eBay...Is this legit? Seem like a scam

I found a good deal on a used truck that I really like. It was NOT thru ebay however. I facebook messaged this "dealership" and it was an auto reply asking for my email to communicate. Many dealership do this, no harm yet. I got an email from a lady ...

When is the next 15% off anything sale?

I heard that the 15% anything that has been happening every week recently is something that happens every Tuesday. Is that true? When will the next such special/promotion going to occur?

Resolved! Outbid at the very last second

Has anyone else noticed, that right at the very last second you are out bid on an item. I was watching and my bid for $27 was about to win, I had another dollar on my high bid, then at the very last second someone came in at $29 and won it. I have he...

Resolved! What will happen if I don't pay for an auction I bid & won? Tried to cancel.

I forgot about an item I bid on & tried to cancel by contacting seller but no response. I'm bidding on a more expensive item from same seller that I really want & was hoping they would cancel the lesser item so I can increase my bid on the other. I k...

Resolved! Authenticity guarantee is a scam

This program is terrible. eBay makes it look like the authenticity guarantee is there to help you, but really what it does is make it impossible to contact the seller or return an item even if there are legitimate concerns. Of course, eBay doesn't te...

Resolved! Tracking not updating

Hi, I recently bought an item, but the tracking is not updating. I contacted the seller, and he kindly give me his tracking number he got on his USPS receipt. When looking on USPS website, it does say that the item has been received in Erlanger, KY. ...

Resolved! Sellers who don't respond to "Best Offer"

I'm frustrated with sellers who offer " best offer" and when you make an offer they don't respond either to reject or make counteroffer. It leave the buyer hanging out there unable to move on to another bid until the offer time runs out 2 days later.

Most Marked as Helpful Authors