cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently View items

Saw  some great items that i wanted on ebay but then my machine started to freeze up as I couldnt find the pages that I wanted to make a purchase, my history in chrome had been cleared so i restarted my computer, then tried using the cmd prompt where you can see a list of recent dns pages.. but since I had shut downt here was nothng there. I was annoyed by ebay always showing  me ny recentt viewed pages,but this time nothing showed up. Well, i lost my bids as I did not have the 4 minutes that i needed to place them with.   I was so mad that I wanted to cancel all upcoming bids, but remembered  that all ebay items come back around sooner or later.there was only one other bid wtith that great low price but still, if I just did a search on ebay help and saw the simple answer   and solution i would have won.In closing it is best to take auctions seriously and to do your homework.know the proceedures and the things that you need to know in advance of a sale ;dont depend on luck  or circumstance.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Recently View items

Allowing sufficient time to bid is a good idea, too.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Recently View items

OK, I can't read GargantuaFont, but have you looked here (see screenshot below):

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Recently View items

@tio200,

People who use Chrome seem to have more problems than those that do not, why we do not know.  What you are describing is not an ebay issue, when you clean your temp internet files, and cookie cache, you remove your viewed items up until that time.  Items you have previously viewed and which popped up when you log in to ebay, have been stored by ebay for display.  Which is why they show up each day.

Three pieces of advice, if you do a lot of online searching clear your files and cache daily, it helps prevent devices from locking up. If you see something on ebay you may be interested in, save it to the Watch list, then it will not be affected by cleaning out your device. Stop using chrome with ebay.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Recently View items

This is not an EBay problem this is a chrome and user problem.

To not have this happen again, install Firefox.Also install Ublock Origin. This will block ads and save you onload times and your cache from getting too full. 

Keep in mind that if you delete cookies and history you will lose you recently viewed on any browser.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Recently View items

yes, but I do not spend days and days on ebay, I just happened to check on my snipes scheduled and suddenly saw some similar items that would end in about 4 minutes. I panicked (out of auction fever) and couldnt find the seller so i checked my recent purchases ;but it turned out to be a totally different than recent purchases, but I restarted my computer and then finally just let it go. I did discover a procedure to use your command prompt to see recently visited pages. something to do with dns history.Also I wish ebay would end flash images and pop ups. they are slowing down my computer. I think that if I disabled everything but standard graphics, I might miss out on flash sales or specials which ebay sends to certain customers at random.but I am calming down, I realy didnt need those lost itemes. I just wanted them . auction fever. deadly.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Recently View items

Why didn't you use WATCH LIST? Add any items you like and after getting/not getting them simply remove. You might restart computer, clear history, log in Ebay or log out but anyway after logging in you will see your stuff there.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply