cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please disregard our email about your Bucks Certificate

Previously I got this message:

bucks.jpg

So I bought an item only to find it had already been used.  Since I buy on several accounts, 100s of items per month, I assumed it was ok.  Now there is a seller who is unhappy that I requested to cancel.  eBay's response, oh, we're sorry.  They got THAT right.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Sorry you had this experience.

I got the same message but recalled I used those Bucks earlier.  My Bucks don't hang around long enough for me to not have used them, and I am aware of whether I have or have not.

So I checked my Purchase History as I note on that when I used my Bucks.  Sure enough, I had.  I then checked my Paypal history.  It shows on my statement.  

Then I did a test.  Not that I planned to use it, since I already had, just to see if the Bucks number would work.  It didn't.  So the error was just in getting the message prompting you to use your Bucks.

So should this happen again, you can check before trying to use it.  While not everyone makes notes when they use it on their Purchase History, just go through that month on your Paypal statement and something may jog your memory.  Click on that transaction and you will see that the Bucks have been used as they have been taken off your balance for that transaction.

Hope this makes sense.  I can see that if you buy on several accounts, hundreds of items, that would make it more difficult.  The message you received would correspond with the account that has the email address you received it on attached to it.

Another way to check is to always use your Bucks promptly when they are released.  If  you know your Bucks are usually gone before the end of the month that they are released, then you know that the message is bogus as your Bucks have already been used, just as I did.  And  you wouldn't want to inadvertently use something you are not entitled to if you already used it.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Well, it got me as well.

I never  keep track of my bucks, I was of to Lowes this morning to buy some Sawzall blades, but, hold everything I have some bucks about to expire. Purchased the blades, tried over and over to use the code and it would not work. Kept telling me I already used it.... Well, I completed the order anyway, then just got the email you showed !

I would have called and complained, but, they would probably tell me I need to keep track of my bucks, or, read some "discalmer"... Heck, then I spent the next 30 minutes trying to figure out where my ebay bucks total was, never found it. .. ...

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Click on Purchase History, on the left hand side towards the top, it says Ebay Bucks.  Click on that.  This brings up the page with your balance.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@paulhua3 wrote:

So I bought an item only to find it had already been used.  Since I buy on several accounts, 100s of items per month, I assumed it was ok.  Now there is a seller who is unhappy that I requested to cancel.  eBay's response, oh, we're sorry.  They got THAT right.

That's really an odd thing to have happen to you. The eBay Bucks are applied BEFORE you complete checkout. If you've already used your Bucks, and you enter the eBay Bucks code in the appropriate field and click on the "apply" button, you receive a very noticeable, red message:

eBay Code.PNG

The eBay Bucks are clearly not applied to your total purchase price.

I just can't imagine how a buyer could complete a purchase without seeing the message or noticing that the discount had not been applied to the purchase price.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

THANK YOU !!! Man, I was so close to that earlier, cant believe I missed the eBay bucks right freaking above purchase history ! DOH !

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@manshawnsshop wrote:

THANK YOU !!! Man, I was so close to that earlier, cant believe I missed the eBay bucks right freaking above purchase history ! DOH !

No worries, there's a lot of verbiage there.  It happens.  You're welcome!!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@paulhua3 wrote:

bucks.jpg

I requested ebay please do not send future inaccurate information having the potential to result in harm or inconvenience.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@pburn wrote:

@paulhua3 wrote:

That's really an odd thing to have happen to you. The eBay Bucks are applied BEFORE you complete checkout. If you've already used your Bucks, and you enter the eBay Bucks code in the appropriate field and click on the "apply" button, you receive a very noticeable, red message:

eBay Code.PNG

The eBay Bucks are clearly not applied to your total purchase price.

I just can't imagine how a buyer could complete a purchase without seeing the message or noticing that the discount had not been applied to the purchase price.

Because the message didn't come up.  I did a test with the code, I was not going to use it as I knew I already had, but I wanted to see if it really was active.

I entered the code, and nothing happened.  Had it been active, it would have reduced the balance, but no warning message ever showed.  So I imagine the buyer could have entered the code, assuming the ebay message was correct, and zipped through check out without noticing that the amount they were paying was wrong.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

@paulhua3 wrote:

bucks.jpg

I requested ebay please do not send future inaccurate information having the potential to result in harm or inconvenience.

But that may or may not happen.  

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I called CS and after arguing a bit with "Aaron", (not from around here laughing) he issued me a $10 ebay bucks credit, so that eases the pain a bit.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply