cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My bid was cancelled and I don't know why.

I bid on an item for 30$ and when it ended, it said the item had 0 bids. I went into the bid history and it said my bid was cancelled two days after I made it and there was no explaination. I'm wondering why this happened and if there is anything I can do to avoid it happening again.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

The seller may have canceled the auction early,  which would have canceled your bid.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Seller could have found a mistake in the listing and cancelled all bids and/or ended the listing.

Seller could've panicked and cancelled the listing because he didn't think it was getting enough money (this is not a valid reason but some sellers do it anyway)

Sorry you've run into this type of seller - who doesn't offer an explanation.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@caedino3 wrote:

I'm wondering why this happened and if there is anything I can do to avoid it happening again.

Nothing that you can do to prevent it.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

If this is your regular id and not a posting id, it could be because you are a low feedback, new buyer.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@caedino3 wrote:

I bid on an item for 30$ and when it ended, it said the item had 0 bids. I went into the bid history and it said my bid was cancelled two days after I made it and there was no explaination. I'm wondering why this happened and if there is anything I can do to avoid it happening again.

Send a friendly message to the seller to inquire why the seller cancelled your bid.  This would not only help you to discover the seller’s reason for cancelling your bid but also provide you with an opportunity to express your interest in purchasing the item to the seller.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply