cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it JUST me?? 2018 WORST year for buying YET!

I have now had MULTIPLE mis-described .highest shipping priced ,un-cooprative seller buying experience this year!I went from 10+ years of NOT leaving a negative feedback for a seller,to wanting to leave 5...yes 5! this year(and we're ONLY in July!) AND Ebay actually RETRACTED a WELL deserved negative where I only stated FACTS in the comment! **bleep**...

Now I feel like when I buy on ebay to have to ask the seller,for example,if I were to buy a book; Does this book have page,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9..etc,etc,,because the sellers(NOT ALL) come back with a response like"Oh gee you didnt ASK if the item was destroyed on the backside" etc....

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Sorry you have had such bad experiences.

I am not sure what you mean by uncooperative.  I don't know what your expectations were.  If you mean the item was not as described and the seller fought you tooth and nail, then you open a not as described case.  If seller wants return, they send you a label and pay for it.  You are refunded for purchase price and original shipping when tracking shows delivered.

Just ask if there is any damage, are all pages present.  Word your questions so there is no doubt.  Some may block you, but you need to know these things to make an informed buying decision.  If you don't get an answer or a proper answer, don't buy.

Message 2 of 32
latest reply

It ain't just you.

I hear 'ya about the books. That's pretty much all I buy here, and the past couple of years have been very out of sorts compared to the previous 13 years. Up until two years ago there was never a problem, now I'm lucky to get what was described. Smiley Frustrated  Pages missing or torn and mildew are the top two problems, both conveniently missing from the item descriptions. unamused

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 3 of 32
latest reply

If it makes you feel better......i’m currently wearing 2 false positive feedbacks from a seller that raised the shipping costs on 2 auctions. She said it was a honest mistake but never sent a revised invoice so I didn’t pay. She left me 2 false positives and filed UIDs. The strikes were removed BUT......I can’t leave feedback for her and after 2 phone calls, the feedback the seller left for me hasn’t been removed! The first phone call resulted in the sellers follow up comment being removed but the original feedback is still up! And the 2nd rep told me it would be gone within minutes. HA!!

this is a very bad buying experience. I can’t get feedback that blatantly violates policy removed from my profile, feedback that should have been automatically removed when the UID was closed and I can’t even neg the seller. Isn’t that wonderful? I get stuck with 2 false positives and can’t even leave the seller appropriate feedback! 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 4 of 32
latest reply

And sellers wonder why sales are down!

I've had issues with over 50% of my purchases as well.
Message 5 of 32
latest reply

I understand. Recently 3 out of 4 things I ordered came as legitimate SNADs. Didn't open any cases, I settled for what I got. But that shouldn't have to happen, (I know it doesn't as a case can be opened).
Message 6 of 32
latest reply

i bought 11 items this year. i used to buy that every month! of the 11, 4 should of been returned and the other 7 met expectations but certainly not rushing back to buy another.  luckily for me, ebay has screwed up their search so bad that i usually give up and buy elseware! in the listings i did view, it appears as there is more junk, more cons or misleading adds and i walk away wondering 'what's the catch'.   i would not think you need ask about missing pages. if i found it floating in the portapotty, could i sell it and blame the buyer for not asking if it was ever floating in sewage?   thanks, but i will just pay retail and skip the **bleep**

Message 7 of 32
latest reply

I'm sorry that so many of you have had bad buying experiences.  There are good sellers on eBay. 

My main problem has been wading through all the irrelevant search results. 

Message 8 of 32
latest reply

@jen wrote :

I get stuck with 2 false positives and can’t even leave the seller appropriate feedback! 

Unfortunately your seller appears to know how to work the system to their advantage.

Message 9 of 32
latest reply

Lately this summer I cross my fingers and nervously hope for the best each time I make a purchase from someone. It's been that bad. Never know what to expect anymore.

Message 10 of 32
latest reply

Yup.  I just made my final purchase and my final sale on Ebay.  Time to log out. Ebays stuck in the past.

Message 11 of 32
latest reply

I've been buying for 18 years and the last quarter has by far been the worst ever. Late shipping, no shipping, filing cases,laying out money for weeks with no item, waiting for e check refunds to clear, dealing with all the glitches, smelly items, broken items. It's really not worth it. I feel bad for the good sellers, of which there are many, but until this place gets cleaned up, and the caliber of seller improves I'm taking a break. 

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

@steelernation2007 wrote:

Lately this summer I cross my fingers and nervously hope for the best each time I make a purchase from someone. It's been that bad. Never know what to expect anymore.

By cutting back on the number of listings you purchase, you reduce &

limit the potential number of  disappointming, unhappy buying experiences that you may face.

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

And that could be a reason why sales are down. Buyers have decided to forego buying because of their experiences.
Message 14 of 32
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:
And that could be a reason why sales are down. Buyers have decided to forego buying because of their experiences.

Received delivery of an item, skillful lighting and photography minimized the degree of damage and Failed To even Disclose some Damaged Areas, in the listing photos. ( intentionally deceptive?)

My belief is that I overpaid , based on the item's true condition.  

Item should have been better packaged to insure safe arrival.

( seller saved a little time & money)

Luckily, although mailing box had evidence of rough handling, It appears I can rule out additional damage to item occurred while in transit.

Review of feedback prior to purchase did not indicate a problem seller.

I know the Item qualifies as a legitimate SNAD & returnable for a full refund.

I can still live with the item and so decided to keep it.

A disappointing purchase transaction that results in future being less trusting in the accuracy of listing photos & description  & an incentive to buy fewer items.

Message 15 of 32
latest reply