cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improvements to the iPhone Buying and Selling experience

I’m happy to announce that we’ve just launched an improvement to the iPhone buying and selling experience on eBay.

Network Technology (GSM/CDMA):

Apple creates multiple models of their iPhones that support different network technologies like GSM or CDMA. These network technologies determine which network carriers are supported on the phone.

e.g. The iPhone X Model A1901 supports GSM only. This means that you cannot use Verizon or Sprint as the network carrier on that phone.

To help sellers and buyers navigate through this complexity, we have updated our experience as follows:

Selling Experience:

During the iPhone selling experience on ebay.com, we now ask sellers to choose the Model Number of the phone they are trying to sell:

VSE.jpg

You can find the Model Number of your phone on the back of your phone or box. Alternatively you can also get it from general settings on your phone, by tapping once on the “Model” value.

Model.jpg

Buying Experience:

The iPhone product pages (PRPs) now show which “Model Number” you are buying. You can also select the available “Model Numbers” from a drop down.

Please note that the available “Model Number” values is dependent on the supported network. So please select “Unlocked” Network to be able to select all the “Model Numbers”.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Apple-iPhone-X-256GB-Space-Gray-Unlocked-A1901-GSM/239160993

iPhonePRP.jpg

If you are unsure which model or network type to buy, please check with your carrier for compatibility.

If you have any comments/questions/feedback about these updates. Please comment below.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Im sorry, there isnt enough money in the world to deal with the headaches It should read "Get ripped off-Sell your IPhone

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

@beautybylynn wrote:

Im sorry, there isnt enough money in the world to deal with the headaches It should read "Get ripped off-Sell your IPhone

ROTFLMAO

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

I am sorry, but I absolutely hate it when a new seller comes here stating he lost $1300 to a scammer. Almost as bad as when a person starts a thread "I saw a car on Craigslist and........" I think of two older people living in a tent in the woods and a scammer eating steak and drinking Champagne lol Ebay has the "brains" working there, time to earn their paycheck!

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Man, this thread's been so sanitized that you could use it for surgery.

Nice unamused

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

@beautybylynn wrote:

I am sorry, but I absolutely hate it when a new seller comes here stating he lost $1300 to a scammer. Almost as bad as when a person starts a thread "I saw a car on Craigslist and........" I think of two older people living in a tent in the woods and a scammer eating steak and drinking Champagne lol Ebay has the "brains" working there, time to earn their paycheck!

I just read a thread from a seller who almost lost a $16,000 Piano! How a brand new seller was able to list a $16000 piano is beyond me. It was listed with shipping too, not local pickup.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

@syedmhaq  Why don't you correct the release to include all the good tips you got on your thread on the Selling board to avoid confusing buyers and sellers who sell iphones on eBay?  There's enough fraud and theft involved in selling iphones on eBay, without adding to the number of SNADs.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

@*eponymous* I agree. Although fraud protection wasn’t the original intent of the release, that seems to be what most sellers are worried about on this forum.

This isn’t my area of expertise but I’m following up with the relevant folks to consider all the suggestions made by sellers.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

Nice unamused

Is it possible that you're looking at the wrong copy? There is at least one duplicate posting of this thread, over in the Selling group (here), and that has 65 replies to it at this moment. This group is considerably quieter to begin with. Perhaps a reply you're missing is actually over in the Selling group version of this thread...?

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

I have never got more "helpfuls" on a post wil also getting mod slapped. And I stated the truth.And sweet tea more then likely, the people responded to the thread they saw first, and ASS U MEd that because Ebay is so tech savvy they read ALL before forming an opinion!!!!! (but we know):wink:

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

Nice unamused

Is it possible that you're looking at the wrong copy? There is at least one duplicate posting of this thread, over in the Selling group (here), and that has 65 replies to it at this moment. This group is considerably quieter to begin with. Perhaps a reply you're missing is actually over in the Selling group version of this thread...?

That is not beyond the realm of possibility lol

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Why can’t eBay just go back to CLASSIC SITE? The new format stinks, and makes for an unenjoyable searching/shopping experience!
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

YOU CAN IMPROVE THE USER EXPERIENCE BY ACTUALLY RESPONDING TO THE LISTINGS WE REPORT! DO YOUR JOB!

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

IMO, improvements should include the following:

- NOT listing broken items as Used. 

- Not using stock pictures only.   

- Stating exactly what is included in the sale, especially with used items

Everything is always okay in the end,
if it's not, then it's not the end.
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

What are you doing about counterfiet phones? I purchased one but didn't find out until 10 months later when I went to the Apple store for service. The Apple tech said this was not a real iPhone and could not work on it and the promised warranty did not exist. I tried to cotact the seller several times, he never replied. I contacted ebay about the "get what you ordered or get your money back" and that is only good for 30 days. I guess you have to immediately go to Apple when you get delivery of a phone and have them check it. If you have it more than 30 days you are out the money even if the phone is no good. Bad sellers do not refund your money.  

Message 15 of 19
latest reply