cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I really hate Ebay!

I avoid this place like the plague because every time I purchase or sell something its a nightmare!  I bought a $1400 subwoofer and accidentally ordered it with the wrong card since that card defaulted as the main payment method.  I noticed this within 5 seconds, but ebay didnt have a way to change the payment.  Amazon does!  Ebay says I have to get the seller to cancel the first order and then order it again with the right payment, so the seller agreed and we did just that.  A week later, I've already received the item and now my first account gets over drawn and the refund is being applied to the 2nd purchase which was suppose to be the right one!  The seller says its Ebays fault, Ebay says its the sellers fault.  My bank tells me too bad.

How does ebay survive in a world with Amazon?  You guys are so far behind them in every measurable way.  The only reason I even ordered this thing here is it was an item thats not made anymore and was the last one I could find.  I was desperate and took a chance but boy do I regret it yet again.  I'm selling something on ebay right now too for the first time in years and I cant wait for that disaster!  After that I'm done with this loser company.  GO AMAZON!  TAKE OVER THE WORLD!  Ebay Sucks!

Message 1 of 63
latest reply
62 REPLIES 62

I really hate Ebay!

Another "to each its own".

I refuse to shop at Amazon because of the way Bezos treats his employees.

Been shopping on ebay for over a decade with maybe 2-3 issues, all easily solved.

I saw that...

~KARMA
Message 2 of 63
latest reply

I really hate Ebay!

Use the refund from the second card to pay off the charges on the first card
Message 3 of 63
latest reply

I really hate Ebay!

if you hate it this much, then simply, stop buying on ebay.
I prefer it over amazon, in my personal opinion.
and you are entitled to yours.
Message 4 of 63
latest reply

I really hate Ebay!

I'd prefer you to stay at Amazon, why should eBay / the seller be held accountable for your error?

Message 5 of 63
latest reply

I really hate Ebay!

@ilikestuff6969 wrote:

How does ebay survive in a world with Amazon? 

Some people don't like Amazon and I'm one of them.

If Amazon was the last place to shop, I guess I would do without.

Refunds to your credit card or bank account could take a couple weeks to show up, depending on your credit card company or bank.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 63
latest reply

I really hate Ebay!

Of course it was my error, but the inability to fix a simple mistake immediatly is EASY ON AMAZON and non existent here.  Amazon is also extremely easy to work with on exchanges and refunds.  They will refund your money before they even receive the item back.  Put the wrong card, no problem as long as you change it before it ships.  Over here everybody blames everybody else.  Seller won't do **bleep**, ebay won't do **bleep**.  Nobody cares about customer satisfaction at this online flea market.

Ebay is **bleep**.  over the years the shipping calculator has never been accurate and then theres the whole what if it breaks in shipment problem.  Thats a nightware to deal with on ebay.  Amazon will ship another one imediately.

And for those of you that don't want me here, don't worry about it I wont be staying.  I'm going back to 2018.   Ebay is like shopping in the freakin 90s.

Message 7 of 63
latest reply

I really hate Ebay!

Why didn't you just simply buy it on Amazon first? You could of avoided this situation but you chose to buy it here. That does not make any sense.

Message 8 of 63
latest reply

I really hate Ebay!

last time I paid with the wrong card on amazon I didn't see a way to just change it?  I had to cancel and reorder.  Which of course the charge still goes through on the original purchase and then gets credited back.

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 9 of 63
latest reply

I really hate Ebay!

Its a discontinued subwoofer thats not made any more.  I have one already and wanted a 2nd one that matched.  By the time I decided to buy one I realized they were out of production.  I saw an open box buy on ebay and thought I better grab it while I have the chance.  Thats the one and only reason I came here.  Look at my history, I havent bought anything in a long time I don't think.  I only come here when its my last resort.  

Since I'm remodelling my home theater I decided to sell off a $2000 anamorphic lens that I no longer will be using and since I was on ebay buying the sub, I thought Id go ahead and sell that thing.  That auction ends Monday, something will go horribly wrong I'm sure, it always does.

So now my checking account is $300 bucks in the negative so I guess I'll be living off my Amazon Credit card until payday.

It is what it is I guess.  

Message 10 of 63
latest reply

I really hate Ebay!

ebay is trying to make ebay into amazon, taking sellers out of the equation completely,  ebay is  taking control of everything, refunds, returns, having to change handling time to accomodate a buyers request to have more time to search for more to buy, they are absolutely retarded, everything they touch turns to ashes. But they still don't seem to get it.  I really hate ebay as well. 

Message 11 of 63
latest reply

I really hate Ebay!

I hate Amazon as well,, won't shop there for anything, but ebay is now trying to be amazon, no more community feeling, just a big list of items to buy, taking sellers out of the equation completely.
Message 12 of 63
latest reply

I really hate Ebay!

@ilikestuff6969 wrote:

I avoid this place like the plague because every time I purchase or sell something

Does "avoid" mean something different from what I think it means?

Message 13 of 63
latest reply

I really hate Ebay!

I should change this to I HATE PAYPAL.  But I consider them one in the same since paypal is useless everywhere else.

I ordered this thing on Aug 1st, when I used the wrong payment method unbeknownst to me Wells Fargo actually declined the transaction because I didn't have enough funds.  I then had the seller refund me my money and ordered again using Paypal Credit this time instead of regular Pay Pal.  That transaction went thru just fine.  Then for some crazy reason Pay Pal decides on the 5th, Five Days Later, to RERUN the original transaction thru Wells Fargo.  This time I have the funds and it goes thru.  Then somebody at Pay Pal apparently realized the problem and on the 5th issued the refund.  Now I'm waiting for Wells Fargo to get the money back from Pay Pal.  We might as well still be sending money via Western Union at this pace!

So I'm gonna slightly modify this thread, **bleep** EBAY AND **bleep** PAYPAL!  I'll be closing down both accounts once this is all over with.

Message 14 of 63
latest reply

I really hate Ebay!

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Ebay just gave me a "helpful badge".

THAT JUST MADE MY DAY!

Message 15 of 63
latest reply