cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I dislike the big A...ordered something here and....

Lo and behold I get it today in a PRIME envelope with the 'gift' receipt inside.  I am tempted to give the seller a neutral.  I am sick of the deception.

Message 1 of 371
latest reply
370 REPLIES 370

I messaged them through eBay and am hoping for an explanation before doing anything else.
Message 2 of 371
latest reply

What are you talking about? What's the big A and what is the problem you're having with it?

Message 3 of 371
latest reply

I'd leave a neg unless the explanation was really good.
Message 4 of 371
latest reply

Report them to amazon. They’re stealing services.

Message 5 of 371
latest reply

It especially is irritating if you are already a Prime member. Obviously, you could buy it from there, but wanted it from here. I know some sellers actually do have the Prime fulfillment (business) accounts where their own stock is stored with the River, but the 'gift receipt' is a bit of a giveaway on your order. 

Prime recently raised their rates; possibly to recoup for fraudulent use of the 'free shipping' (they didn't say that of course, just my personal opinion). But I know there are You-tube stars who condone using it to drop-ship on Ebay, saying that if you make enough money doing it, the River will turn a blind eye. Don't know if that is actually true, but still doesn't make it right IMO (and obviously yours as well). 

Message 6 of 371
latest reply

No offense, but I wouldn't say that Amazon is turning a blind eye,  if you call them to report this, the seller may lose their account and they will give you a $10.00 gift certificate as a reward.

Message 7 of 371
latest reply

@moondogblues wrote:

Lo and behold I get it today in a PRIME envelope with the 'gift' receipt inside.  I am tempted to give the seller a neutral.  I am sick of the deception.

BFD....  you dislike A but sellers here don't.  You bought on ebay.  If you got what you wanted at a price you were happy with and delivered within a timely manner than your seller deserves 5 stars.   Do sellers now have to source their items in the listing?   Good Grief.

Message 8 of 371
latest reply

I had the same situation once.  Decided that a certain CD would make a perfect gift, but I had already finished my Christmas shopping.  This was in the beginning of Dec a few years ago, and knowing how the mails can be then, I wanted to get it as soon as possible.  I checked Amazon and Ebay; Ebay had it for a bit more, but had a quicker estimated delivery date, so I ordered from Ebay.  It came from Amazon with the GIFT message.  I messaged the seller and said that it wasn't a gift, I paid for it, and if I wanted it from Amazon, I would have bought it from there.  I chose to buy from you because you had a faster delivery date than Amazon did as I checked there before I bought from you.

Message 9 of 371
latest reply

i agree with you; I think the River definitely does not condone it (It's in the usage agreement that new members have to sign that there are severe repercussions). On the other hand, I'm not sure how those Youtube sellers (one in particular, though I don't want to specify a name) is still drop-shipping through them. However, at any time the shoe could drop on that one. Life-time banning with $payback perhaps? I know there was recently someone caught and the River made a case of it.
Message 10 of 371
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

I had the same situation once.  Decided that a certain CD would make a perfect gift, but I had already finished my Christmas shopping.  This was in the beginning of Dec a few years ago, and knowing how the mails can be then, I wanted to get it as soon as possible.  I checked Amazon and Ebay; Ebay had it for a bit more, but had a quicker estimated delivery date, so I ordered from Ebay.  It came from Amazon with the GIFT message.  I messaged the seller and said that it wasn't a gift, I paid for it, and if I wanted it from Amazon, I would have bought it from there.  I chose to buy from you because you had a faster delivery date than Amazon did as I checked there before I bought from you.

Did you end up giving it as a gift, or did you return it as a SNAD?

Message 11 of 371
latest reply

Receiving an eBay purchase in a Prime box does not necessarily mean the eBay seller went to Amazon's website, bought the item, and had it shipped to a buyer.

Here is some information on Amazon's FBA program:

• An eBay seller is not necessarily using an individual Prime account. It could just as easily be a "Fulfillment By Amazon" (FBA) account.  https://services.amazon.com/fulfillment-by-amazon/benefits.html
  • Sellers may be offering items on both venues. Since Amazon will literally--physically--house the items for sale as part of their FBA service, sellers can direct their own items to be shipped to you when you purchase them on eBay.
  • Items shipped via an FBA account are in "Prime" boxes.
  • Items shipped via an FBA account may include a "gift receipt."

I've seen a number of threads about this topic. I am truly surprised more buyers and sellers here on eBay are not more familiar with this Amazon program.

https://services.amazon.com/fulfillment-by-amazon/how-it-works.htm/ref=asus_fba_snav_how

If a person doesn't like Amazon, that's fine, but to accuse a seller of something untoward--like misusing their Prime account--or posting negative feedback may be unfounded. Many eBay sellers offer their items on both venues. Perhaps this seller simply has enough business to participate in the FBA program and have the items warehoused and shipped directly to the buyer.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/amazon-brings-prime-shipping-to-amazon-business/

Message 12 of 371
latest reply

It’s the gift receipt that is the tip-off. Given how many videos are out there about “retail arbitrage” and ripping off prime it is more likely than not.

i would say report them and let amazon sort it out. There will be a clear record if the seller is using fba vs cheating.

Message 13 of 371
latest reply

@moondogblues wrote:

What was the deception?

Message 14 of 371
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

i would say report them and let amazon sort it out. There will be a clear record if the seller is using fba vs cheating.

You'd think so, wouldn't you? But, apparently, that's not the case. I received an eBay purchase in a Prime box sometime during August of 2018 and contacted Amazon via chat about this very issue. They couldn't have cared less--to the point that they didn't even ask any questions about the seller. The CS rep is the one who (sort of) explained FBA to me.

I just looked for and found a copy of the chat transcript in my email. If you'd like me to send it to you via pm, just let me know. I'd be glad to!

Message 15 of 371
latest reply