cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filled an INR and wondering how much will ebay pay me item in USD account in CAD

Here's the thing I bought an item in USD 360, the seller is gone, scammed a lot of people. I wouldn't even fill an INR as I really want my item it's just the seller apparently tried to make a run for it.

That said, I bought this item from my CAD account, at the time the conversion rate was 0.75 so 360 US was around 480CAD. Now the conversion rate is 0.80 so if ebay pay me back 360 US I'll actually get 450CAD. I think it worse because how bad the US$ fell recently but I was wondering if ebay would actually pay the price I actually paid from my pocket instead of the listing price in US.

It's pretty deceiving that I'm not receiving my item and it's kind of worse to feel I'll actually loose money at the same time. I lost around 40 days waiting and I'll be paying 20-30$ to receive nothing.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Filled an INR and wondering how much will ebay pay me item in USD account in CAD

You’ll get back only the amount you paid. They will use the same conversion rate of .75 so you won’t make any extra money off this. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Buyer is not trying to get extra money. They are worried they will be refunded less because the rate went down.  I believe you will be refunded at the rate you bought at. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Before making assumption that I want to make extra money, you should read carefully. The last sentence pretty sum up what I'm worried about. If they'd refund the money with the actual rates I'd get not as much money as I initially paid.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Did you buy it through the US site or Canada site? Did you pay in USD or CD? If you bought it on the US site paying with USD that is how you will be refunded, If you paid on the CD site using CD then that is how you will be refunded. If you bought on the US site and paid in CD through Paypal the eBay will see it as a USD transaction and that is how you will be paid. Best to try to get the refund through Paypal (if that is how you paid) as they will pay you back in funding currency.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Ah right I thought paypal gave only 30 days to fill a request for a refund. Apparently the amount of time to request for a refund is defined in the transaction receipt. I apparently have 180 days until I can request a refund. That's pretty huge compared to the mere 30 days after latest estimate and the 9 day wait for the seller to answer before I can actually request ebay to make the refund.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@lflacroix wrote:
Before making assumption that I want to make extra money, you should read carefully. The last sentence pretty sum up what I'm worried about. If they'd refund the money with the actual rates I'd get not as much money as I initially paid.

I didn’t assume you wanted to make extra money. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 7 of 7
latest reply