cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay has went to the dogs.

I left feedback on a seller who #1 goes behind ebay's back via ebay messaging to offer sweeter deals by circumventing the ebay charges. #2 I leave a negative feedback saying exactly what was wrong with the item and that I did receive a refund and the seller tells eBay I lied as there was nothing wrong with the item (no dents, dings, or bent items) and had the negative feedback removed. #3 eBay took his word for it even with the photographic evidence I submitted for the return. I just got off the phone with eBay and they say there is nothing they can do about it. Oh, there is something they could do about it but simply doesn't want to because it would hurt their profits. Yes, eBay has gone to the dogs 100% now and I am coming up on my 18th year on eBay and I can safely say when eBay just takes a merchant's word so as to remove negative feedback making all of the documented/photographic evidence (which, btw, eBay told me was perfect and they would have ruled for me when I submitted the pictures) a buyer submits as if the buyer is a liar then it shows I am right about eBay. Take up for them all the fans want to but right is right and wrong is just wrong and eBay is dead wrong in doing this.

TL;DR eBay is horrible now and don't even bother with neutral or negative feedback as the seller will easily get it removed no matter how much visual documentation you submit.
Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

#1 is a nonissue, since once a transaction has happened, the buyer and seller have all the info they need to conduct additional biz without Big Brother watching over them.  That is really no different than those who include a thank you note in packages with contact info as well as everywhere else they sell.

eBay has no say whatsoever in how buyers and sellers work together after the first sale occurs.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 2 of 26
latest reply

feedback wording can sometimes make it eligible for removal

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

After seeing all the negs and neutrals you leave, I’m thinking it was something you said.

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

According to eBay themselves it was removed because they said there was nothing wrong.  It is in their documentation yet I showed them everything in the pictures to prove it and they even told me on the phone, at the time, that they would have ruled in my favor based on the pictures I gave them.  Nothing about my wording was in their documentation about why they removed it only they took the lie of the seller.

Another thing is that they absolutely do nothing with the sellers who offer to sell an item off of eBay using ebay messaging no less.  Same seller did that and they still took the negative off from them.

Unlike what that other person said I don't give negatives, or neutrals, very often but this seller deserved it and everything I said was spot on but still eBay is taking the word of the sellers now.  Do I care that this seller is stealing and breaking eBay rules?  Yes, I do but in the end I don't care whereas what eBay is doing I care greatly and it ticks me off that they have went into the toilet.  Everything I see from eBay now I know is just a PR stunt and the reality is believe nothing they say only watch what they do.

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

Per eBay #1 does indeed break their rules because the seller is using eBay (submit best offer for instance) to get a buyer to buy off of eBay using PayPal directly and that is a BIG no-no according to eBay so not sure why you think #1 is not a big deal when, publicly, eBay states that can get your account perm banned.

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

You need to retract that because I just looked and most of my negatives were from 2002/2003 and what about 5 or 6 in total.  Neutral is about the same in the same amount of time.

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

@mob-rules wrote:

Unlike what that other person said I don't give negatives, or neutrals, very often...

Well, over ten percent being less-than-positive IS pretty often. Most of the folks quick to give baddies... you've got them beat.

In my fifteen years I've left one neg and a maybe a few neutrals and those were when I was truly ripped off. Not ebay's fault. And most of my sellers (much more than 90%) and purchases were simply great.

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

Many of the green donuts have negative comments.

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

also if you know the right CS you get get removed for a small fee.
Message 10 of 26
latest reply

@mob-rules wrote:

According to eBay themselves it was removed because they said there was nothing wrong.  It is in their documentation yet I showed them everything in the pictures to prove it and they even told me on the phone, at the time, that they would have ruled in my favor based on the pictures I gave them.  Nothing about my wording was in their documentation about why they removed it only they took the lie of the seller.

Don't know what you wrote in feedback. Just offered that as a possibility.

CS will tell you almost anything to end the call. What they tell you may, or may not be factual.

Did they provide you with a transcript of the documentation that they have on file?

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

Nope, thatsallfolks should not retract as the comment was fair and accurate. You have left two neutrals in the past month, and as noted by another here, some of your "positives" contained backwards negative comments. 

~M

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

I will give a negative/neutral where warranted and most of my negatives came from 2002/2003 ish when this was an entirely different ebay as you well know.  A seller does bad I will gladly give them a negative but luckily most sellers since 2008 (when eBay changed) have been pretty good but back then it was way more wild west then it is now when sellers, for instance, would accept credit cards and other forms of payment and was not so interlocked with Paypal but having been here for as long as you have I am sure you know all about those days.

When I get an item that is like in the pictures here I will give you a negative 100% of the time as this was supposed to be a new item not used.
Damaged hose that leaked.Damaged hose that leaked.Scratches.Scratches.Missing an entire screw for the motor so was worthless.Missing an entire screw for the motor so was worthless.Bent X axis and was told to bend it back via video they sent to me.Bent X axis and was told to bend it back via video they sent to me.Marring and there were a lot more all over it.Marring and there were a lot more all over it.

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

WOW, I did not know that.
Message 14 of 26
latest reply

They did not nor even offered it to me and I was switched to so many different departments my head began to hurt.  I just posted the pictures of the item I paid for and those are the same pictures eBay received but still took their word.  I suspect someone got paid to removed it at eBay as that other poster just replied.  I never knew this but it makes better sense now.

Message 15 of 26
latest reply