cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dishonest Seller

How do I contact  by e-mail a live person at e-Bay to explain my problem and how it can be resolved.

The item I wish to discuss is not covered by the standard menus.

My problem concerns a seller who aknowledged I had not received my order and on the resolution center promised re-payment. After two months he has not paid and e-Bay considers the dispute as closed?????????????

Help would be appreciated, it almost appears that eBay do not want to be involved by making direct contact difficult.  

Orloza1                                                                                                                                                                      

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Dishonest Seller

@orloza1 wrote:

How do I contact  by e-mail a live person at e-Bay to explain my problem and how it can be resolved.                                                                                                                                                                     

You don't.  They don't consider that service to be worthwhile.

Two months is too long.  Try PP where you have six months.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Dishonest Seller

Unfortunately, the time you had to file a case on EBay. However, not all is lost.

Go to Paypal's Resolution Center and open a case there for item not received.

In the future If your item does not arrive by the last delivery date listed, go to the EBay Resolution Center and pick I didn't get it. Follow the instructions there to get a refund. You have 30 days from the last delivery date to do this.

There is a link to the Resolution Center on the bottom of every page on EBay.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Dishonest Seller

If you filed an INR and the seller, in the resolution center, advised that they are refunding you should have already received your refund.  Have you checked your PayPal and credit card statements to see if the credit shows there?

If the INR case has been closed, did the tracking show that the item was delivered?

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Dishonest Seller

Dear Kaelykat, Thanks for your response, I did all that and we reached an agreement he would pay in the resolution center, I then withdrew my complaint from the resolution center but he did not pay me.
Because we had reached an agreement eBay closed the case as resolved!
So how do I re-open the case and find a route to communicate to eBay?
Regards
Roland
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Dishonest Seller

@orloza1 wrote:

we reached an agreement he would pay in the resolution center,

I then withdrew my complaint from the resolution center but he did not pay me.

Because we had reached an agreement eBay closed the case as resolved!

So how do I re-open the case and find a route to communicate to eBay?

You don't re-open it.  You fell for an old trick where the seller has no intention of refunding so they lie and tell you they will only after you close/withdraw the case.

Again, try PP and see what happens there.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Dishonest Seller

@orloza1,

" I did all that and we reached an agreement he would pay in the resolution center, I then withdrew my complaint from the resolution center but he did not pay me".

Are you sure that message was viewable in the resolution center, or did it come through ebay's message system?  Did the seller ask you to close the dispute so they could issue a refund?  If they did that was a scam.  You never close a dispute until you have your item or a refund.  When you open a dispute, the seller has 30 days to reach an agreement, and either refund, or get a replacement into your hands. If on day 29 you have not been refunded or received a replacement, you ask ebay to step in and they will refund you from the seller's account. 

In the future before buying from any seller, check their feedback profile, by clicking on their feedback number in (parenthesis) next to their ID/name.  On the page that opens you can click on the numbers of non-positive feedback they have received, to read only those comments.  Never go by just a seller's feedback percentage, especially a high volume seller.  A good high volume seller will have a rating of 99.6% or better.  Sellers with less than a 99% rating should be avoided. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Dishonest Seller

Hi Mudshark, Thanks for the response. Nowhere can I find a warning about closing dispute before getting refund. Guess I learned the hard way!!!!!
Regards

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Dishonest Seller

Thanks chrysylys, for your response,
No fool like an old fool!
What is PP?
Regards
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Dishonest Seller

Thanks Dennis for your response,
In the tracker it shows the item was delivered to a different buyer at a different address, this was pointed out to the seller with no response except his promise to refund.
Regards
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Dishonest Seller

Thanks kaelykat,
Will try the Paypals resolution center.
Regards
Roland
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Dishonest Seller

@orloza1 wrote:
Thanks Dennis for your response,
In the tracker it shows the item was delivered to a different buyer at a different address, this was pointed out to the seller with no response except his promise to refund.
Regards

Was the other buyer in your zip code?  

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Dishonest Seller

IRI.. 

I am so sorry  you were scammed   This is partially  Ebay's fault.  They tell   all  buyers to go FIRST to the seller for resolution.  But they do NOT  warn buyers  that some dishonest sellers WILL LIE TO THEM.

Do not call yourself a "fool".   This  not your fault.  Smiley Surprised

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Dishonest Seller

@garmentvarmint2004 wrote:

IRI.. 

I am so sorry  you were scammed   This is partially  Ebay's fault.  They tell   all  buyers to go FIRST to the seller for resolution.  But they do NOT  warn buyers  that some dishonest sellers WILL LIE TO THEM.

Do not call yourself a "fool".   This  not your fault.  Smiley Surprised

Not sure where you have been for the last 4 years but ebay does not tell the buyer to go to the seller first. For at least 4 years now, ebay has directed buyers straight into opening a case. Ebay has been very deceptive about it, most buyers think they ARE contacting the seller but they are really opening a case.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Dishonest Seller

You don't withdraw anything until it has been resolved.  There is no incentive or reason for the seller to resolve anything when the case is withdrawn.  

I doubt you can reopen it.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply