cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to the Watch List that I DO NOT LIKE!

I have bought over 10,000 items here and sold over 3,000.  I am generally happy, but there are some recent changes that I really dislike:

(1) I hate the visual appearance and bulkiness of the new watch list.  The old watch list met my needs perfectly.  The new watch list does not.  Is there any way I can change it back?

(2)  I hate that when I click on a finished item I did not win, it reroutes me to another item.  This is insulting to me.  I know how to find what I want.  I NEVER want to be routed somewhere automatically.   If you don't want me to see something anymore, just tell me.  But don't route me elsewhere. 

(3)  Item (2) affected me as a seller as well.  A potential bidder asked me if an item was available.  It wasn't, but how would he know?  He couldn't see it: eBay rerouted him!   

Is there any place that explains the rationale of the changes?   

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I agree. I'm sure they don't care. When some bean counter gets around to declining sales maybe the masterminds wil wake up

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@fmarotta wrote:

I have bought over 10,000 items here and sold over 3,000.  I am generally happy, but there are some recent changes that I really dislike:

(1) I hate the visual appearance and bulkiness of the new watch list.  The old watch list met my needs perfectly.  The new watch list does not.  Is there any way I can change it back?

(2)  I hate that when I click on a finished item I did not win, it reroutes me to another item.  This is insulting to me.  I know how to find what I want.  I NEVER want to be routed somewhere automatically.   If you don't want me to see something anymore, just tell me.  But don't route me elsewhere. 

(3)  Item (2) affected me as a seller as well.  A potential bidder asked me if an item was available.  It wasn't, but how would he know?  He couldn't see it: eBay rerouted him!   

Is there any place that explains the rationale of the changes?   

I used to have my watch list as my homepage. When they changed the watch list yesterday to the new format I changed my homepage to my summary page instead. The summary page looks identical to my old format watch list. Maybe that would work for you?

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Tried that, but still get the new format 😞

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Thank you for the suggestion of viewing the Summary page.  It does work for me for now.  

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Bummer. I sure wish they`d leave stuff alone if it`s working.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I can tell you that an employee of ebay stated that both buyers and sellers will need to evolve with ebay changes as this is an e-commerce business.

In other words..... ebay doesn't care what you want. lol

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@janet9988 wrote:

I can tell you that an employee of ebay stated that both buyers and sellers will need to evolve with ebay changes as this is an e-commerce business.

In other words..... ebay doesn't care what you want. lol

I would except ebay seems to be regressing, not evolving.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

no item number on the new watch list, no way to delete and item without scrolling all the way to the end.

Bloody hopeless, going backwards again......

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@otsphotos

no way to delete an item without scrolling all the way to the end.

On my Watch List page, the delete button is on the top; but you are right, I don't see an option to delete an individual item other than ticking the box and scrolling up to the delete button.

One possible workaround if you have a long list and a lot of deletions; scroll down your list and right click on each item you might want to delete, opening each in a new tab. Then, from each individual tab, you can use the [remove] link from the top of the listing (unless it's a choice listing). If you are like me, it's less likely you will be distracted and lose your place halfway through the list. This also works for moving items to new lists -- it's easier from the item page.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

I used to have my watch list as my homepage. When they changed the watch list yesterday to the new format I changed my homepage to my summary page instead. The summary page looks identical to my old format watch list. Maybe that would work for you?

It worked for me. I got old view back. thank you

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

I hate the new layout, too.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

I hate that if there is a buy it now option and a bid option ebay shows the BIN price in the watch list, not the lower price to bid.  So Frustrating.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Thanks for that suggestion.  The “Summary” page is displaying with the old format.  Hopefully, this will not change.

I also started a discussion under “My Account” with the subject of 

DISLIKE New “watch list” format”

https://community.ebay.com/t5/My-Account/DISLIKE-New-watch-list-format/m-p/28767187#M62033%3Febay-mo...

As I have stated elsewhere, as a buyer of 15 years and way too many items, I have hung in there as an eBay buyer over other choices and weathered many frustrating changes, but the latest changes may be the tipping point to drive this buyer away.  Just what eBay needs, more lost buyers and lower sales numbers, which will no doubt justify even more changes to who ever makes these decisions.  Or maybe I am wrong and “they” are happy with their sales numbers.  Anybody know what ebay’s numbers actually are?

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Making you scroll all the way to the end -- having to look past all your watched items, was obivously done in an attempt to drive sales.  Blah, instead it just drives my anonyance.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply