cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought item from China

As of today March 16th, I have not heard nor received any of the 10 dolls I paid this person for in Nov.. I would really like to receive the dolls. I'm 73yrs old and was looking forward to getting these. Each doll resembled each of my grand and great-grandchildren which I personally delivered at home. So, please..help me receive these.

I had bought 10 dolls  and seller refused to send me item or even reply. After looking at her feed back everyone was giving her bad feed for the same thing. Then Ebay said she had proof that I received the items and would not give me refund. When I went back to leave my feedback, everything was gone and only good reviews were left and no place for me to leave a review of my own. Something looks fishy about this. Finally, Ebay refunded my money.  But Not before I spent hours biding, and choosing and waiting in anticipation for my babies to arrive.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Bought item from China

@trans-americancourtservices,

Go to your PayPal account, find the transaction click on it to see all the details, and open an Item Not Received (INR) dispute through them.  Skip the part about contacting the seller since you have already tried that.  If there is a place to leave a comment let them know the seller has been pulled by ebay.

In the future check each seller's feedback profile before buying from them.  Your seller had a lot of problems and are now Nolonger A Registered User (NARU).   Click on the number of feedback they have, on the page that opens you can click on the numbers of nonpositive feedback they have received, to read only those comments.

FYI, a good high volume seller will have a feedback percentage of 99.6% or better, avoid sellers with less than a 99% rating. 

You also need to read the terms of eBay's Money Back Guarantee (MBG).  You can find it on each listing under the item price. To the right of the colored eBay logo and MBG is a |See details button. click on that and read the terms of the MBG, and pay special attention to the time frames for opening disputes, and asking eBay to step in.  When dealing with chinese sellers only accept a refund, for an INR problem, do not let them promise to send a replacement item.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Bought item from China

@trans-americancourtservices wrote:

As of today March 16th,

So, please..help me receive these.

Finally, Ebay refunded my money. 

Today is April 20th.

You will not be receiving any product since you have been refunded.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Bought item from China

@mudshark61369 wrote:

@trans-americancourtservices,

Go to your PayPal account, find the transaction click on it to see all the details, and open an Item Not Received (INR) dispute through them.  Skip the part about contacting the seller since you have already tried that.  If there is a place to leave a comment let them know the seller has been pulled by ebay.

In the future check each seller's feedback profile before buying from them.  Your seller had a lot of problems and are now Nolonger A Registered User

The OP already received a refund and it would be fraudulent to try to obtain a second refund through PayPal.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Bought item from China

I'm sorry this happened to you. Chinese sellers are famous for this. Do yourself a favor and don't buy from them. Yes, the prices look great but either you don't get the item(s) at all or they are bad quality.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Bought item from China

TRANSAMER..

Please do not EVER  buy from a  Chinese Seller again.  As you have just found out--many of them  are dishonhonest.Smiley Surprised

Stick with American Sellers in  the future.  You willl never receive these Chinese  dolls.  Ebay is not able to FORCE  Sellers to delver the items they advertise  here.   Ebay has done all   they  can do for you.   That is,  they did get you a  refund.  Smiley Indifferent

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Bought item from China

When buying from China first thing you want to do is check the seller's feedback before you even think about bidding - feedback score of 20 or less is usually a scammer.

Second is to check negative feedback if there is any - if you're seeing a lot of it then seller is likely a scammer.

Third, check the delivery date - if seller is giving a date more than six weeks then seller is likely a scammer.

Four, check the items the seller has for sale - if most of it is cheap junk and the only expensive stuff is what you are buying then seller is likely a scammer.

Finally, if it is an auction, don't bid until the last 24 hours of the auction and check the bidding history before bidding - if you see the top or second highest bidder is an account with zero feedback or generally 30 or less then the seller is engaging in shill bidding to drive up the price - same thing if the Chinese seller is using the private auction option.

If after all of this you decide to take a chance then here is what to do next.

If you don't get a tracking number within five days email the seller - should the seller not respond within two days then provide negative feedback to let everyone else know this is a fake seller and then call Paypal and let them know it has been seven days (or however long since the auction) and seller never provided tracking number and is ignoring you.

If the seller does provide a tracking number then use the USPS website or their app and track it - if the tracking number shows no activity after ten days then it is fake - provide negative feedback and call Paypal.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Bought item from China

@garmentvarmint2004 wrote:

TRANSAMER..

Please do not EVER  buy from a  Chinese Seller again.  As you have just found out--many of them  are dishonhonest.Smiley Surprised

Stick with American Sellers in  the future. 

The only real 'problems' I've ever had with things bought here were with 'American sellers'.  The ones I dealt with were far more defensive and argumentative than any Asian seller I've dealt with.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Bought item from China

I buy from Chinese sellers a lot and have had very few problems. Fortunately I know what to do when this happens. Of course, I know better than to spend over a couple dollars. Those I've had problems with tend to utterly ignore communication and any help was given by EBay and not the sellers.

As to the American sellers I've dealt with, One sent me the wrong item but, when I messaged them, they took it back and provided the correct item. No problems with any other USA sellers. SO, in my experience the OP would be better off buying from  USA seller if she wants her dolls.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Bought item from China

I am so sorry that you didn't get your dolls.   Sometimes the item one wants is only available from certain places or sellers and that is like candy for children.   I have had troubles galore with Chinese sellers and their long shipping.   Others have warned you about the Chinese sellers, so although I've had troubles with them, I won't scold you.   We live and learn--we both have.   I'm glad you finally got a refund and I guess you were lucky to get that.   Again, so sorry that the dolls didn't get to you.    Be well and happy.   

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Bought item from China

@sean_foltz wrote:

When buying from China first thing you want to do is check the seller's feedback before you even think about bidding - feedback score of 20 or less is usually a scammer.

Second is to check negative feedback if there is any - if you're seeing a lot of it then seller is likely a scammer.

Third, check the delivery date - if seller is giving a date more than six weeks then seller is likely a scammer.

Four, check the items the seller has for sale - if most of it is cheap junk and the only expensive stuff is what you are buying then seller is likely a scammer.

Finally, if it is an auction, don't bid until the last 24 hours of the auction and check the bidding history before bidding - if you see the top or second highest bidder is an account with zero feedback or generally 30 or less then the seller is engaging in shill bidding to drive up the price - same thing if the Chinese seller is using the private auction option.

If after all of this you decide to take a chance then here is what to do next.

If you don't get a tracking number within five days email the seller - should the seller not respond within two days then provide negative feedback to let everyone else know this is a fake seller and then call Paypal and let them know it has been seven days (or however long since the auction) and seller never provided tracking number and is ignoring you.

If the seller does provide a tracking number then use the USPS website or their app and track it - if the tracking number shows no activity after ten days then it is fake - provide negative feedback and call Paypal.

Sellers are not required to provide a tracking number, and it's certainly not enough to leave a neg feedback for the seller at this point in time.

And a chinese tracking number won't show up on the USPS site until it hits the US. Still certainly not enough to leave a neg feedback for the seller at this point in time.

And what good would calling paypal do?