cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought an item, it does not appear on the "sold Items" section nor on the sellers sold items list

I contacted the seller & she/he responded that it's going out to me tomorrow.  So it appears that the seller is real.  I have seen this once or twice before where the listing basically disapears, if I wasn't the buyer I wouldn't be able to see it.  Those times, where it disapears,  it was a hacked seller account.  But again, the seller responded in this case.  

The seller didn't have the item in multiple count either and it's an item unlike anything he has sold before but the person has a 3060 feedback count.   Is it possible to hack someones account, use an email for paypal & communication to complete the bogus transaction while I wait a few days for a ghost item? 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Bought an item, it does not appear on the "sold Items" section nor on the sellers sold items list

Does it show on YOUR Purchase History page?

If so, I'm not sure anything else matters.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Yep, it shows up on my purchased page & after I contacted her/him, they printed the shipping label, so it also shows paid, & shipped.   Sure is odd though.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

If I'm remembering correctly, if a seller lists a Fixed Price item as GTC (Good til Cancelled), it dissapears and does not appear in sold search.

Not a bug, but an eBay "feature".
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

BERS..

A feuture called GTC?  

I hope you  are joking.    Why would Ebay create a   way  for sellers   to  cancel--whenever they want to do so?Smiley Surprised

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@garmentvarmint2004 wrote:

BERS..

A feuture called GTC?  

I hope you  are joking.    Why would Ebay create a   way  for sellers   to  cancel--whenever they want to do so?Smiley Surprised

That’s not what it is. It’s just the live listing that is good until cancelled and it simply means it stays listed for sale until the seller cancels it. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Yeah, Varmint, Jen mostly covered it.

GTC is an option on Fixed Price listings where they list for 30 days, and automatically relist every 30 days until the seller ends the listing or the item quantity goes to zero.

It is mostly intended for persistent multiple quantity listings as a way to retain watchers, sales history, search placement, and make it set and forget for sellers that have a large or continuous quantity of an item.

Then there is an "out of stock" option that can be set in global site settings, where when GTC listing quantities go to zero, the listings don't end, but go dormant awaiting restock. No relisting fees are charged while a listing is dormant.

A side effect of having "out of stock" set is that the item becomes invisible in sold searches. Supposedly meant to prevent research by competitors.

A loophole of sorts is that all the above can be done to a single item with a qty of 1 . When the item sells, qty goes to zero, and it disappears from search.

See here:
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/eBay-please-fix-this-exploit-some-sellers-are-using-t...

I simply speculated that that could an explanation for what OP is seeing, but it wouldn't explain why it isn't visible to the seller (although the followup posts from OP saying seller shipped the item makes it unclear what is going on)

OP: Can you post the item number if you don't mind? @wwdolfan
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Whatever it is it's odd is all.  Good news is I received the item on time & as described. So it's all good I guess.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply