cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked by Chinese Seller

eBay not a good place to buy anything, eBay it doesn't have any protection for an honest buyer, I ordered item from eBay seller in China and after 36 days waiting the item arrived in a very bad Condition, because the seller sent the item without any protection and as soon I left the Seller negative Feedback for shipping unprotected item the Seller Blocked me and when I complained to the eBay supervisor they failed to do anything

Also, I have an issues with another eBay Canadian seller who used verbal and Bad words, and as soon I reported him to eBay he Blocked me and eBay failed again to do anything.

Apparently, eBay gives sellers the option to retaliate and block honest buyers who leave negative feedback, even when the seller is at fault.

I will not recommend eBay  to anyone

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

It's pretty common for sellers to block buyers who leave them negative feedback.  They no longer want to do business with you if you are going to hurt them.  Not sure why you would want to do business with a seller who was bad enough that you left a negative for either.

Message 2 of 43
latest reply

1) It's pretty common for sellers to block buyers who leave them negative feedback

Not all the time, also that seller already has 3,979 negative Feedback and I do not think that seller Blocked all of them

2) Not sure why you would want to do business with a seller who was bad enough that you left a negative for either.

Because, the item I'm looking for it's very rare item and that Seller replied to all my messages
Message 3 of 43
latest reply

Sellers can block anyone they want to. Just move on and find another seller.

No matter how many threads you make about this, you are going to get the same answers. No one can make a seller sell to you.

Message 4 of 43
latest reply

Basically, I'm not complaining about the seller anymore, but I'm complaining about the policy and Management and Customer services and the supervisor on eBay for not shutting down the seller listing, or for allowing rude, racist seller to operate on eBay

Therefore, I don't think I will feel comfortable buying anything on eBay
Message 5 of 43
latest reply

Did you contact the seller first?

I'm not saying that they were right to send it without protection and might've ultimately deserved the negative, but going straight to feedback without getting in touch with them first would be a big turn off to any seller.  They wouldn't want to do business with you again.  I don't blame them for that. 

What did you expect the eBay supervisor to do?   The seller has the right to block you regardless of reason. 

How do we know your honest?   I'm not saying you are or you aren't.  I have no reason to think you are, but looking at your feedback left, you seem to be quick to pull the dissatisfaction trigger - and then revise eventually... after the damage has already been done.  It doesn't put you in the best light.

Message 6 of 43
latest reply

Sellers can block anyone they want to. It's always best to try and work things out with the seller, before leaving negative feedback. Don't feel offended and just move on.

Message 7 of 43
latest reply

who said I want to buy from him again, if I do he's going to ship me again an unprotected item as Before, as I mentioned I'm complaining about eBay Management and their **bleep** policy
Message 8 of 43
latest reply

who said I didn't contact the seller before and after purchase

In fact he kept saying that he likes to do Business with me again

regards to eBay supervisors and Customer services Quite Frankly they're useless whether they're in Philippine or in the USA

too bad eBay was my favorite place to buy some hard to find items, unfortunately after what happened I lost that place
Message 9 of 43
latest reply

He can Block if he is right that what makes me very unhappy from eBay supervisor for not taking strong action against seller who block Buyers without any reason or for seller who used a verbal and bad words

Finally, I don't feel offended, however I'm feeling Unprotected from doing Business again on eBay

In fact I was looking to Close my eBay account completely if it doesn't have some Items I'm still waiting for
Message 10 of 43
latest reply

Why are you running to feedback and not filing cases when you get damaged items? Feedback should be the very last thing you do. If you get a broken item, file a case in the resolution center for damaged item/item not as described so you can be refunded. If you don't get an item, file a case for not received after the estimated delivery date has passed so you can be refunded.  Feedback doesn't get problems resolved, filing cases does.

Ebay hasn't taken seller feedback into consideration for sometime now. Just like sellers can't leave negs for buyers now because sellers would abuse the process, buyer negs for sellers are no longer looked at since buyers abuse the process. What Ebay looks at is defects for out of stock and unresolved cases (cases that the seller fails to resolve and Ebay has to step in)

Feedback is for the buyer to vet their seller BEFORE they purchase an item.  A high volume seller with feedback below 99-99.5% is extremely poor. Lower volume sellers with 99% or below, LOOK at the reason they received the neg before buying.  Was the feedback deserved? Or was it for something out of the seller's control - late delivery because the PO screwed up as an example.

And yes, sellers are well within their rights to block anyone for any reason. I would certainly block someone who gave me a neg before contacting me or giving me a chance to make things right.  Sellers can block for behaviour they see on the forums. Seller can block because a buyer has too many bid retractions. They can block for ANY REASON, or NO REASON at all.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 11 of 43
latest reply

@ingodwetrust4everjohn wrote:
He can Block if he is right that what makes me very unhappy from eBay supervisor for not taking strong action against seller who block Buyers without any reason or for seller who used a verbal and bad words

Finally, I don't feel offended, however I'm feeling Unprotected from doing Business again on eBay

In fact I was looking to Close my eBay account completely if it doesn't have some Items I'm still waiting for

Sellers have the right to refuse to do business with anyone. FOR ANY REASON.

eBay won't punish a seller for blocking you. The day eBay starts punishing sellers for blocking buyers is the day that 99% of sellers will leave, all except the Chinese scammers.

eBay may very well have punished the seller who you claim abused you, but due to the privacy policy you won't know it.

Honestly, you seem very excitable, and I have to wonder if you did something to trigger the seller in to the "abuse".

You have TONS of buyer protection if you know how to use it! Don't call eBay, file a case in the resolution center.

You can't expect ebay to ban a seller on your say so. They can and will read the messages between you and the seller, so if you did something to trigger the seller or were abusive to the seller in anyway, they won't do anything.

If you got as worked up with customer service as you have here, they probably made a note in your file about it.

I worked at a customer service center for a while. When a customer got snippy, yelled ect we made a note in the file that way the next guy they called could act accordingly. We had one lady who was so bad we would "accidentally" hang up on her. The day she called to cancel her account, we cheered.

Message 12 of 43
latest reply

Sellers are allowed to block buyers for any reason or no reason. It is not a policy violation. That is why ebay didn't 'do anything'. Do you really think that every seller that blocked someone should be kicked off the site? Who would you buy from? A seller should not use 'bad words' but that is individual opinion as to what is 'bad' or not. I don't think ebay can do anything about that unless they do it in feedback. Not sure. I had a seller say some not so cool stuff to me because I negged him for sending me copies instead of original software. It was kind of funny actually. That was before sellers were blocked from leaving negs for buyers. My advice is to move on and not let this bother you.

CW4PWK--Taji,Iraq-42404
'They won't get it all, and they won't have it long.'

'You gotta see those creeps crawl...' Echo & the Bunnymen-"Crocodiles'
Message 13 of 43
latest reply

Sounds like they did both you and them a favor.

Message 14 of 43
latest reply

@ingodwetrust4everjohn wrote:
who said I want to buy from him again,

You did. The only way you would  know if you were blocked is if you tried to buy from him again.

Message 15 of 43
latest reply