cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware fake Paypal scam....

I just received two seperate emails that said........

Dear ............

You have successfully made a payment of $ 92.37 to ********** with your PayPal Debit Mastercard.

This transaction was made using your PayPal account (my account.com) on 24/02/16 and the charge will appear on your account statement as a debit by: ********.

You have the legal right to cancel the order for items purchased through PayPal for 5 business days after the day you receive them.

(link removed)

Of course it is a phising email. DO NOT click the "cancel the order" button becasue it brings you to a fake Paypal sign in page........ Trying to scam paypal emails and passwords...

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

I always look at the webpage address. The Paypal address should be the first words and they should be in green to show it is a seure website!

Have a great day 🙂
Message 2 of 28
latest reply

Also always forward any of these scam emails to Paypal ---- spoof@paypal.com

Have a great day 🙂
Message 3 of 28
latest reply

@buyer-seller-1234 wrote:

I always look at the webpage address. The Paypal address should be the first words and they should be in green to show it is a seure website!

That's only if you click on the link, and you don't want to do that. You have no idea what it downloaded onto your computer just by going to the page.

Just hover your cursor over the link and you will see it's not a PP link.

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

Dear ............

You have successfully made a payment of $ 92.37 to xxxxx E commerce DMCC with your PayPal Debit Mastercard.

This transaction was made using your PayPal account (my account.com) on 24/02/16 and the charge will appear on your account statement as a debit by: SKR*Skrill.com.

You have the legal right to LINK REMOVED through PayPal for 5 business days after the day you receive them.

Why would you post the actual scam link here???

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

You can`t click on the scam link here it doesn`t work. The op removed the link.

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

Whenever I spot one of these fake emails and since I work from home and have a LOTS of SPARE TIME, I often engane in conversation with these scammers... I usually start with: "I tried clicking the link but nothing happens..." 

------------------------

Who mouths inanity disorders thought for all who listen. ~Richard Mitchell
Message 7 of 28
latest reply

I don`t have enough spare time to fool around with the scammers.

I get at least 20-30 scam emails everyday.

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

Thanks very helpful

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

necrothread

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 10 of 28
latest reply

Thank you, just recieved this same scam only stating my payment was £197.37.

Whats best to do from here?

T

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

Thanks, confirmed my suspicions, only my email scam said £192.37.

Whats best to do from here? and why arn't ebay warning their customers?

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

@tim.shaw wrote:

Thanks, confirmed my suspicions, only my email scam said £192.37.

Whats best to do from here? and why arn't ebay warning their customers?

Warning their customers about what? I would hope people who use the internet would educate themselves about the online scams that abound. (but it seems nobody does)

I get scam mails daily claiming to be from Chase, BOA, Wells Fargo, Verizon, Comcast. My payment is due, my payment is overdue, my account has been hacked and they need to verify my information...thing is, I don't have an account with ANY of those companies. I get scam mails claiming to be from Amazon, Paypal, Sears...should these companies go through their databases and send daily warnings about being safe on the internet?

One would think the prudent thing to do would be take responsibility for knowing what you're doing on the internet.  Know not to click on links. Know not to open emails that are clearly spam. Know what you are doing.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 13 of 28
latest reply

Forward (with full headers) to abuse at paypal.com
Message 14 of 28
latest reply

Thanks, I never knew about the green meaning safe and secure.
Message 15 of 28
latest reply