cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been passed 3 days

I contacted them 3 days ago and still no response there listing is rigged when u bid it tells u bid higher when u bid a little more it puts more then u actually bid. And there is the ring and I was confirmed that it is fake not natural 😞 isn't that against eBay u can't false advertise on eBay   I am not paying 100$ I bid 1. 25 and it puts 100$ max bid 49 when there was already a 49$ bid???  Sorry idk what board to put this under so I did this one

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Been passed 3 days

EBay doesn't read this board. You might want to contact eBay customer service.
If you meant to bid $1.25, is it possible that you accidentally entered $125?
Message 2 of 24
latest reply

Been passed 3 days

What you are encountering is a combination of a typo bid from yourself and somebody else with a proxy bid.

There's no scam there you're just misunderstanding process.

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

Been passed 3 days

This appears to be the complete bid history of the item.

https://www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/113151803233?item=113151803233&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565&showau...

Based on the screenshots you attached in your thread on the Member to Member Support board, it appears you put in a proxy bid of at least $100 on July 21st at 20:18 PDT. My guess is you didn't bid $1.25, you bid $125, omitting the decimal point.

As other people bid, your proxy was raised time and time again, until the final bidder, who sniped a bid at 20:21, ran your proxy up to $100.

The bid history is very clear. You won the bid. If you get the ring and find it doesn't meet the seller's description, return it for a refund.
Message 4 of 24
latest reply

Been passed 3 days

@dola-71 wrote:
What you are encountering is a combination of a typo bid from yourself and somebody else with a proxy bid.

No, it's clear she's the only one with the proxy bid, and another bidder(s) is nibbling her bid up by bidding every few seconds. She's the one--and the only one--with a proxy bid from 8:18:43 PM PDT forward.

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Been passed 3 days

Unless--you don't think--is it even possible? Could she be bidding against herself? Edging up her own bid? I don't think that's possible, but I've never run across it happening before. Maybe it could?

Anyone? Can you bid against yourself and edge up your own proxy?
Message 6 of 24
latest reply

Been passed 3 days

@pburn wrote:
Unless--you don't think--is it even possible? Could she be bidding against herself? Edging up her own bid? I don't think that's possible, but I've never run across it happening before. Maybe it could?

You can’t bid against yourself and the bid story shows she didn’t do that. She bid the wrong amount and didn’t notice it. Or maybe she placed a nuclear bid and it backfired?

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 7 of 24
latest reply

Been passed 3 days

@pburn wrote:

The only time the leader can cause the price to go up with another bid is if they meet a previously unmet reserve price.

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

Been passed 3 days

That's what I thought, @jenproudleowife and @thatsalllfolks. Once I posted that, though, I started to doubt myself. Thanks for the reassurance that a bidder cannot bid against themselves.
Message 9 of 24
latest reply

Been passed 3 days

It told me I only bid twice the dollar 25 and the it saids the 100

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

Been passed 3 days

Still waiting for them to reply 😞 I keep messaging them but no response still 

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

Been passed 3 days

Then pay for your purchase. It was your bidding mistake. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 12 of 24
latest reply

Been passed 3 days

@realsoutherngirls-5 wrote:

It told me I only bid twice the dollar 25 and the it saids the 100

"It" told you? What is "it?" Are you referring to the bid history? 

I see that you placed a bid manually only twice. $1.25 on 21 Jul 2018 at 8:18:37PM PDT. Then you bid again (at least $100--maybe more?) on 21 Jul 2018 at 8:18:43PM PDT. There were only five seconds between those two bids. Does that sound familiar? 

I think there are a couple of issues here. First, you need to look at the bid history again, making sure you've clicked on "Show automatic bids." It gives the complete history of all the bidding--both manual and automatic (or proxy).

https://www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/113151803233?item=113151803233&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565&showau...

Second, you might want to make yourself fully aware of the details involving proxy bidding. Here's an easy-to-understand article about it:

https://www.dummies.com/business/online-business/ebay/for-seniors-how-to-make-your-high-bid-by-proxy...

Third, you need to accept the fact that you either intentionally or accidentally submitted a bit of $100 or more that secured you a win in that auction.

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

Been passed 3 days

@pburn wrote:
My guess is you didn't bid $1.25, you bid $125, omitting the decimal point.

Sorry, it wasn't $125 --

the nibbler's later $100 bid --

was outbid by OP's earlier $100 bid.

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

Been passed 3 days

Wrong.

The nibbler ran out of time to bid any higher than $100. That bid was placed 12 seconds before the end of the auction--apparently not enough time to place another bid--so the OP's bid only had to go to $100.

So we have no idea how high the OP's bid actually was. Had there been time for the nibbler to place more bids, we may have found out.
Message 15 of 24
latest reply