cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Tips for Avoiding Replica/Fake Fragrances?!?!

Lookingthinking to buy men's fragrances and now I'm a little leery about getting them on eBay.  I have shopped all over and the best prices are here. Are they too good to be trueopen_mouth?  The sellers who have tens of thousands of sales don't worry me, but those who range from 200-1000 with a score of 95-99% do.  Not saying they don't have plenty of positive feedback but the negatives mostly say "fake product."  They are the ones who have me skeptical, but at the same time have the best prices.  I read their feedback to see if any of the problems were chronic and they were pretty consistent.  For example, one seller has 600 sales with 11 negative comments claiming the fragrance weren't the original or as described, but they offer one of the best deals.  Is this an item I should purchase elsewhere?  Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

The feedback is warning you not to buy. Ebay expects you to make wise buying decisions. Open too many cases and you can lose your buying privileges and/or MBG coverage.

Why would you disregard what feedback is telling you?

Too good to be true is often just that.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Certain product I would only buy in authorized retail outlets of from authorized online merchants. I prefer to pay full price for real rather than 60% for fake.

I wouldn't give too much credit to the feedback. Most buyers will not have the experience to know. And how often did YOU gave feedback without actually really checking products?
Test your eBay search rank: https://ranktool.bid
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

cooltronix I hear what you're saying about the feedback.  It only takes a few upset buyers to mess up your sales.  I know people can be better if there unhappy with a product even when the issue is their own fault.  Also, I don't mind paying retail price, but I wanted to shop around before making a decision.  Is this a situation where you would prefer a retail store?
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

It's an item you need to make an informed buying decision on.

It really is up to you.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@josh72082 wrote:
Lookingthinking to buy men's fragrances and now I'm a little leery about getting them on eBay.  I have shopped all over and the best prices are here. Are they too good to be trueopen_mouth?  The sellers who have tens of thousands of sales don't worry me, but those who range from 200-1000 with a score of 95-99% do.  Not saying they don't have plenty of positive feedback but the negatives mostly say "fake product."  They are the ones who have me skeptical, but at the same time have the best prices.  I read their feedback to see if any of the problems were chronic and they were pretty consistent.  For example, one seller has 600 sales with 11 negative comments claiming the fragrance weren't the original or as described, but they offer one of the best deals.  Is this an item I should purchase elsewhere?  Thanks in advance!

i don't personally know about those products, but i can absolutely 100 percent ASSURE you this guy is SAFE!!!  I know he has lots of men's colognes and perfumes -- some rare, and some not listed, so if you have a particular fragrance, you can ask.  and, he should be able to give you the straight-up about prices and the reliability of the sellers you are researching.

here is his store...

https://www.ebay.com/str/griffville

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Order from the source.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Go to a dept. store in person.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply