cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steiff Bear ID Help

Hi, wondering if anyone can help me ID this Steiff bear?  No tag or ear button. Growler works. 12.5" tall.  Thanks!~

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Steiff Bear ID Help

It appears to be a Steiff Original Classic Teddy which was made for quite a few years - Maybe 1968 to 1977 thereabouts - without the button it is hard to narrow down the age.  They are fairly commonly found in certain sizes.  He appears to be in good shape!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Steiff Bear ID Help

It appears to be a Steiff Original Classic Teddy which was made for quite a few years - Maybe 1968 to 1977 thereabouts - without the button it is hard to narrow down the age.  They are fairly commonly found in certain sizes.  He appears to be in good shape!

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Steiff Bear ID Help

Thanks!  I have 2 of these and a smaller one, all in nice shape but all without buttons or tags.  Appreciate the help!

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Steiff Bear ID Help

Oops, signed in with my other ID.  I am also toyranch.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Steiff Bear ID Help

Just for a bit of comparison, here is a set of the Teddy Originals - this is the boxed set 0203/00. Steiff Original Teddy Set 0203-00 2-1.JPG

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Steiff Bear ID Help

This bear is 11 inches tall with silver tone ear button.  Can anyone help me identify it along with value. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Steiff Bear ID Help

IMG_20171021_151904.jpg

Silvertone button in ear.... any info on age  and value is appreciated.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Steiff Bear ID Help

Hi, 

The links below might help you but remember the value guide is only that, a guide !

Blank Buttons are used for SECONDS (like clothing seconds that have the label cut) rejected in the Quality Control Program. These can be found on the market so be careful and demand only The Best as seconds will not retain value.

http://www.steiffnews.com/history_steiff_button.htm

http://www.steiffvalues.com/

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Steiff Bear ID Help

Growler works? He growls? I want one!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply