cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage glass bead help

Hello ,

My great aunt gave me this necklace recently but she could not remember much about it . She did say she thought she wore it in the 1950's . The beads are glass and the chain is hand made ( almost like a rosary ) . Anyone have any idea of the age , style , country of manufacture , or any other comments about this piece ? Thank you very much !

Mermaid 🐳

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Vintage glass bead help

It is very prety but I'm sorry I don't know.

photo c0aee6c4-b992-4827-ae05-e33ad59c80ce_zpscc7c71c6.jpg
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Vintage glass bead help

This is a very pretty necklace and nicely arranged and finished.  To me it appears to be Czech in origin as the primary colors and the wire links are hallmarks of Czech bead and necklace design. 

Run a search on Google with "Vintage Hand Wired and Hand Painted Czech Glass Bead 19" Necklace" to see a similar necklace.

You will see these necklaces listed as Venetian or Murano, but they are not.  I feel confident that these beads are Czech.  I did have a debate one time with a collector who thought these types of necklaces were Japanese, but the colors and construction are very consistent with Czech style.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Vintage glass bead help

Another reference site with many similar strands:  http://www.goodoldbeads.com/collections/vintage-czech-glass-beads

Message 4 of 4
latest reply