cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Questions

I'm getting ready to sell some items in the Jewelry category.

QUESTION 1:

If an item (necklace, bracelet, etc.) does NOT contain any precious metals or other parts (pearls, gemstones, etc.) is the correct terminology "costume jewelry"?

I want to avoid as much as possible SNAD returns.

QUESTION 2:

If a necklace (or bracelet) has no clasp, i.e., it's a slip-on, is saying "no clasp"  the correct terminology?

Additional comments elaborating/clarifying your responses will be VERY welcome.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Describe it as if there are no pictures.
Take pictures as if there is no description.
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Two Questions

These are great questions for the babies in this arena!! Thank for posting them I will follow the thread. I personally would consider the "no clasp" as a discriptive tid bit. I think if it were to contain elastic or other details to add to the no clasp detail that would give you a good idea as to what "coined phrase" would be appropriate. Also, I deem anything that doesn't have precious metals or stones and has plastic glass or other stones Fashion Jewelry and the Vintage marked Stuff by well known designers Vintage Costume as the term Costume Jewelry hits the younger generation as cheap or without value. Yet the term fashion jewelry incites a a prettier trendy picture in the young mind that doesn't know any better 🙂 It leaves the good stuff that brings in a premium to the more mature smarter generation. However there are young ladies and men that have an appreciation for the "Costume Jewelry" we all love and look for. Brainstorm a few posts on a couple pieces pick the most descriptive ones that pique someones interest right away. The title is the first thing to make someone look at the product. I am not good at any of this I'm cursed with the imagination of a guppy lol Good luck and your curiosity coupled with your need to get it right tells me you will be successful in no time!! Then maybe I will hire you to help liquidate my collection 🙂

Message 2 of 2
latest reply