cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice needed about old bead fringe

At a recent estate sale I picked up this cigar box nearly full of what appear to be tiny old glass beads that are on a very dirty binding.  Have no history on them at all but they look like they could be a lampshade fringe.  In any case, it is falling apart, possibly up to 60% loss.  The lost beads are in the box, but the fringe is not usable as is.  Question is, is there any market for beads in this condition?  Thanks for looking.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I couldn't tell if they are worth selling as what they were as it sounds like a lot of work to restore it but being the beads are small glass seed beads and I assume the gold are metal tubes you could advertise them for the beads and tubes and the buyer can take it apart and clean and use them other ways. Or you could take them apart and clean and sell as loose beads, you may get a bit more for them that way.

photo c0aee6c4-b992-4827-ae05-e33ad59c80ce_zpscc7c71c6.jpg
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you so much for your inside opinion.  Don't think I am knowlegeable enough to clean and market them.  Think I will add them to a garage sale!  Thank you again.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I know this is an older post but in case some one can use as info. Those beads were from a lamp shade from what I can see the red and tube beads remind me of Czech beads I have seen ornaments

Message 5 of 5
latest reply