Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

♥ Playtime ♥

G'day on eBay ~ ~ ~ Diane
Message 1 of 9,230
latest reply
9,229 REPLIES 9,229

Re: ♥ Playtime ♥

Do you remember when Target released this vanity set? I couldn't buy it fast enough. After I bought it I found out that Mattel had previously released the same model but in different colors for My Scene Barbies.

This thing has a lot of bells and whistles, love it!

52129582957_2f68d154a3_z.jpg52131089860_716f3df284_z.jpg

And remember the golf cart? Bought it in 2013. Isn't it the cutest thing?!

52130615653_fc72244a5a_z.jpg

Message 9121 of 9,230
latest reply

Three more LOOK dolls go on sale this morning at 11 a.m. at Mattel Creation. 

9D9FCD34-8DD8-4EE4-B7C3-40C672819D16.png

Message 9122 of 9,230
latest reply

Good Friday Morning, 

Lots of rain yesterday but it made the lawns and gardens look great! Sunny today and not too warm - lovely! 

Queli - Those new dolls are fabulous - love the silver and black! I’m glad they are still making the variety of body sizes.

Love the royal car - like an old fashioned touring car - how cool! I can picture Stinky driving around in that. 😉 The vanity and golf cart are great, too.

Thank you for the link to the Chopin music - wonderful!

Shirls - It always feels so good to get rid of excess things - I’m sure the kids will be happy with all the things you donated! How cool that you have a spiffed up truck - I hope the car is doing okay, too! 

Yes, we made the white chairs and table at a doll club meeting, I believe Marie gave me the black sofa. And the black coffee table was a padded piece that came off of a human-size chair. 🙂

Xxoo Kate

Some re-ment Japanese food.Some re-ment Japanese food.I have always loved the re-ment food!I have always loved the re-ment food!Stinky always likes any food!Stinky always likes any food!

Message 9123 of 9,230
latest reply

Friday Night ~

Been having quite a time with all the nature in my back yard.   First of all, the juvenile house wrens have fledged the nest.  Had the shed door open and one of them flew in.  As with any other bird, even though the big garage door is open, the birds will not fly out.  They try to fly above the door.  Just couldn't get him out of there!  Grabbed the butterfly net and finally caught him, but when flipped the net, he got away and back up in the rafters he went.  I finally gave up.   Later, I saw Bunny looking transfixed at something on her condo front gate.  It was a juvenile sparrow.  When I tried to get it off the gate, he squeezed through and went inside with Bunny.   As ornery as she can be sometimes, I was afraid she would hurt it but all she did was sniff it for a bit and then turned away.  She sat down halfway on top of it🤣  I pushed her off and then the bird flew out the open gate.   This morning, I looked out my front door and had a small hawk standing on my sidewalk.  He had a bird in his talons which I think was a baby turtle dove.  He saw me at the window/door and flew away.   Finally have one hummingbird that is a frequent guest at the small feeder.   Have whack a mole game every morning and early evening.  Have the traps set to no avail.    Will have to get the wren house cleaned so will be ready for occupancy.   The wrens won't use the same nest, so the start from scratch.  That's a lot of little sticks to find! 

QUELI ~  VBS is vacation Bible school.  No, I did not paint the girl; found that at the Rusty Chandelier just outside of St. Joseph, MO.   The golf cart is sweet!   Look at all the lovely Barbies; little hotties.  The vanity set is awesome,  Bet it looks pretty neat with the lights lit up.   Love the 'guy' legs there!   Thanks for posting the link to the piano piece.   I have to be in a certain mood for piano music. 

KATE ~ Finished going through the sewing supplies today and now have 1 large grocery bag full of 'stuff' ready to be dropped off.   Wow, that is one huge burger for Stinky, but I am sure he can handle it.  Love the bakery case with all the rement foods on display.  I really like the chocolate swirl bread.  It all looks pretty tasty and I like the red &white tea set.  

Glad you got some rain and a little cool off.  Plants like water, but they go to town when get rain water. 

More Chopin 😎

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 9124 of 9,230
latest reply

100_6047.JPG

100_5992.JPG

100_5741.JPG

100_5549.JPG

Rocker Midge; yardsale find.Rocker Midge; yardsale find.

Goldmaskkat.JPG

forecloselivr.JPG

Sydviolin.jpg

100_4169.JPG

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 9125 of 9,230
latest reply

Hello everyone...TGIF! I've been listening to the Arthur Rubinstein playing Chopin. I don't know if he recorded everything Chopin wrote but he sure did record A LOT of it. I have a ten cd set with about 10 hours of music and I really enjoy listening to that.

Kate...I agree, those dolls are fab! I really like the color scheme too. I really like that Barbie comes in four different body types. To make it perfect, Mattel just needs to release a curvy Petite, a curvy Tall, a 12.5”H Ken to go with my 12”H Barbies...I'm sure Stinky would enjoy riding that Royal Car 🙂 ...you're welcome, enjoy the music...I've always liked Re-Ment items. Their attention to detail is just wonderful. I especially like their non-food items...I really like the fashion your Momoko is wearing. Did you make that?...And look at Stinky! He looks great in red. His eyes are bugging out with all that delicious food.

Shirley...oh my goodness, you certainly are having a time and a half with all the neighborhood animals. Some get stuck in the shed, others get stuck in the bunny hutch. What are they thinking?!...thanks for telling me what VBS stands for. Of course now that you told me, it seems pretty obvious 🙂 ...Okay, well that blue girl does look like something you could have painted...thanks, glad you liked my stuff...You can only see his feet but Ken is never too far from Barbie. He enjoys her company 🙂 ...Ah, Led Zepellin...what is there to say? There's a reason it's one of the best rock bands ever...great instrumentalists, great songwriting, great vocals...Holy smokes! Look at all your girls showing off their musical talent. They've got instruments galore! Love the way Rapunzel looks with her guitar.

Message 9126 of 9,230
latest reply

I bought the TALL and Original LOOK dolls. I'll post photos once they get here...Mattel also released the Holiday Barbies today too so they should be showing up at Walmart and Target next month. I really like them. This year there are five and one is a Walmart Exclusive.

Face Sculpt: Aphrodite

52135551582_8d3aef55c1_z.jpg52137069510_9932fb1847_z.jpg

Love the shoes!

52136573371_bf832fa648_z.jpg

Face Sculpt: Brooklyn

52136573151_53eed937e7_z.jpg52136815079_873450ca17_z.jpg

Message 9127 of 9,230
latest reply

Facesculpt: Millie

52136599643_d46924a28d_z.jpg52136574031_b7efd757e9_z.jpg

Facesculpt: Olivia

52136572806_c2a4ee67b5_z.jpg52135551777_f4f61b1df0_z.jpg52136815889_600386a2be_z.jpg

Message 9128 of 9,230
latest reply

Facesculpt: Odile...Walmart Exclusive...I love them all and it would be great to have the whole set.

52136909996_67060c6dc0_z.jpg

Message 9129 of 9,230
latest reply

Saturday Evening ~  Just got in the house a bit ago.   Been outdoors.  DH decided to mow after dinner, so I went out too and sure enough, found something to do🤣   Shrubs were going wild, so decided to give them a trim.    I grew up on a farm so, being out later in the day was a daily thing because of the work to be done; esp. during the summer.   It is really nice that time of day...sun is going down, the heat is off and no wind.  Besides, it is fairly quiet out there too.   When mosquitoes get revved up, then it won't be nearly as pleasant to work or mess around out there. 

QUELI ~  The holiday Barbies are lovely this year!  I think I like them all too, esp. the Walmart Exclusive.  I really like the dress!   Boy, you know all the new face sculpts!   Maybe they aren't so new, but new to me.    Thanks always for keeping us in the know about what is going on in the doll world😊

Hope you guys are having a nice weekend! 

Message 9130 of 9,230
latest reply

100_3880.JPG100_3877.JPG100_4047.JPG

just some dolls 😉

Message 9131 of 9,230
latest reply

Good Monday Morning, 

Shirls  - Whew! You have been Busy (with a capital B)! I’m glad Bunny didn’t harm the baby bird - I thought she was going to adopt it - lol! We have had a lot of skunk activity around here - I haven’t actually seen any, just noticed the smell in the mornings. 

Love the Chopin and love all the music photos - I remember that snow concert with the fabulous cello music! 

I always liked the 80s Barbie and the Rockers - they had such great clothes. How great that you found Midge at a yard sale! I always liked Derek from that group - he sort of had a Rick Astley vibe.

Queli - I think that blue outfit Casey is wearing is a vintage clone set - I have one in pink as well - I thought they made good uniforms for working at the re-ment café. 

Wow on the new Holiday Barbies (I can’t believe they are releasing them this early!) I like all the face molds including the special WalMart one - a great collection! 

Xxoo Kate

Momoko is wearing the pink variation.Momoko is wearing the pink variation.The only photo I have of Derek. :)The only photo I have of Derek. 🙂Day to Night Repro dollDay to Night Repro dolldaytonight2.JPG

Message 9132 of 9,230
latest reply

Another doll from the 80s that I always liked was Billy Boy's Feeling Groovy Barbie.

She is wearing a vintage Pet Show fashion from the 80sShe is wearing a vintage Pet Show fashion from the 80s

Message 9133 of 9,230
latest reply

Happy Monday, everyone!

Shirley...Yeah, being outdoors in the evening can be really nice, glad you enjoyed yourself...I agree, they are wonderful! I have a feeling the Walmart exclusive is going to be hard to find...I do know the face sculpts but this time Mattel posted the name with the rest of the doll info and I was very happy about that which is why I passed it along...you're welcome 🙂 ...love that first fashionista with the glasses. She looks so chic...oh look, you have some LIV dolls. I haven't seen them in a while.

Kate...Well, that fashion looks great in both colors!...I know, it's always such a surprise that we're just starting summer and retailers are already releasing Christmas items :-)...Haha, Derek does give off that Rick Astley vibe. I used to love his voice, such a cutie 🙂 ...thanks for sharing all your lovelies with us!

(1) Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Message 9134 of 9,230
latest reply

I had a dolly weekend. It was dolls, dolls, dolls, all weekend long. I had a ball! I'll start with Sunday. I went to a doll show/sale and lunch with friends. There were a lot of people there. I had a hard time taking photos without people getting in the way.

52144405796_e941e6b266_z.jpg52144643254_8596959c64_z.jpg52144642834_0866202bc7_z.jpg52143383647_19c7372796_z.jpg52144426238_86bf6ac8ea_z.jpg52144642039_268e0d4856_z.jpg52144888625_e29311fb4a_z.jpg52144403836_2b88d55331_z.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED...

Message 9135 of 9,230
latest reply